The Belt and Braces Approach

He may enjoy it but he’s too big and ‘cumbersome’ for it, plus his left peg is not great.

I think Daniels would make an excellent front foot midfielder who would obviously be able to win the ball in midfield too.

1 Like

Yeah, we could play him alongside McEntee…

(hides!)

4 Likes

I think people are misinterpreting what I mean by belt and braces, we now appear to be exceptionally well drilled under the tutelage of the excellent Mat Sadler. Whereas previously we had a tendency to start and end games in a rather slapdash manner we now seem on it from minute one to minute ninety five, or whenever the game finishes. We have also contend on to my comments on the importance of set pieces, so not only are we a threat from open play but we are a real threat from set pieces. We are a threat from the incisive runs out wide of Gordon and Tommy Knowles but we are a huge threat through the centre with the Hutch. We are a threat physically with the man mountain and Walsall through and through Jamile Matt, but we are also a massive threat from the pace and clever runs of Josh Gordon and if you stop them we have huge firepower on the bench in the shape of Doug Taylor and Mo Faal. We have all bases covered now through adopting something of a belt and braces approach.

7 Likes

KC, this site/world would be a sadder place without your input. Please keep it up and I’m sure your infectious enthusiasm will spread through this site. Love it :heart:

2 Likes

Personally I prefer the stockings and suspenders approach.

1 Like

I’m definetely not referring to Farq. Are some of the other absences from the Team as good as the happy clappers like to make them out to be. Not sure anymore since the up turn in results

Why get your knickers in a twist?

Its a perfectly valid point which people seemed to like!!!

2 Likes

Happy clapper for saying Daniels is more than good enough, which he is :joy:

2 Likes

Haven’t actually named anyone have I?. Just a general comment

Fair play to you you didn’t name him .as you said in July when we extended his contract “ Fantastic Defender for League 2 and good enough for League 1. we all know you’re an Daniel’s fan .

1 Like

Who else could it be, i wonder? :thinking:

3 Likes

He’s a master of forgetting what he’s wrote in quite a few threads in fact he’s feckin unbelievable and if he does get a bit of cack on here it’s because he brings it on himself

2 Likes

Haven’t forget what I wrote at all. Yes I was pleased when he extended in July but he hasn’t been great this season at all and so dosnt get a free hit from me. Some of the defending with Donervon as captain has been dreadful. Particulary the period where virtually every game we were almost guaranteed to concede an early goal!!!

Laughable that some of the happy clappers seem to want to break up this amazing defence over the last few games to slot the ‘old guard’ straight back in!!!.

No one is suggesting changing the defence NOW but there are such things as injuries, suspensions and loss of form!

Not the impression I get!!!. Some seem to think a fit donervon is undropable. Be careful what they wish for if he’s slotted straight back in and the ‘early goal disease’ starts again!!!

Show us a post that supports what you’re stating.

So it was Daniels

jose-mourinho-laugh

Unbelievable pish from Gensan. Daniels will almost certainly be straight back in the side when fit. He’s the club captain ffs, and it’s not like he was shit before injury. Goal of the month anyone? I think attributing the improvement in form entirely down to the changed defence isa bit simplistic, could also be due to the forward line getting its act together. Without mentioning improvement from the wing backs and midfield.

I haven’t said to change the defence when he’s fit but he is club captain I’ll applaud who ever Sadler does

If daniels comes back in who does he come in for out the back 3?