The Belt and Braces Approach

Think it has to be manny dd prefers left side

Allen has being playing LCB due to being left footed and I think we have much better balance now and he adds a lot via set plays. But then it would be totally unfair to drop either one of Dave or Manny as they havenā€™t put a foot wrong.

4 Likes

Just like Daniels lost some form despite being superb for long periods of the season. The same will happen to the current 3 cbs its football and when it does happen we will have 2 very good cbs to fill in for them.

Knowing our fan base i give it a couple of below par performances from Allen Dave or Manny before some fans are slating them and giving Sadler loads for having such a young inexperienced defence during a play off run in.

2 Likes

Soz about getting the left side and right side mixed up but Iā€™ll tell what I really think I wouldnā€™t change that defensive trio at the moment dd may be captain but surely heā€™d have to understand and see the bigger picture that we are on a great run and accept the decision if Sadler puts him on the bench

3 Likes

Iā€™d be hesitant to take Matt off captain duties at the moment. Itā€™s given him a new lease of life

6 Likes

I agree - the current team deserve their places - only change it due to injuries/loss of form

4 Likes

And that will happen but there is no way the back 3 will change immediately.

Fineā€¦ Your entitled to your opinion. Iā€™m entitled to mine. Dismantling the current defence with the old school slotted straight back in. Iā€™m fully expecting the ā€˜sloppy goal and pre 15 min 1 nil downā€™ disease to be rampant again!!!

Whose talking nonsense lol :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Well, unless thereā€™s been a dramatic change this week that I havenā€™t clocked, itā€™ll probably be you. :smirk:

5 Likes

Itā€™s you actually though isnā€™t it!!!. Advocating dismantling the current defence to ā€˜automaticallyā€™ bring the underperforming club captain back in. Iā€™d call that a pretty stupid viewpoint. Ridiculous in fact

2 Likes

Why do you get so excited in criticising something that might happen, if something does something?

When DD and PF are fit, they are likely to start on the bench anyway and, if they do play, there is no reason to think they will be any worse than the the incumbents. They might be or they might not be.

1 Like

Not an actual thing, just something youā€™ve said, repeated and are now like a dog with a bone about it.
Iā€™m now going to apologise to everybody else and tell myself off for bothering to waste time engaging with you. :mute:

1 Like

Some of the defending this season absolutely shite and shambolic!!!

3 nil down at home to Newport after 30 mins!!!

Long may the current incumbents keep the shirts

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a squad game though isnā€™t it? Itā€™s very unlikely that between now and the end of the season we are going to be unaffected by injuries, suspensions or loss of form. The fact that weā€™re now in a position where we have 7 centre halves who can all do a job at League Two is testament to Sadler and Trivelaā€™s squad building.

5 Likes

Agreed

If you think weā€™re going to see the season through to a successful conclusion without some help from players not currently in the side such as Captain Fantastic DD, then you are very sorely mistaken. He and a number of others will have a big part to play in the run-in.

1 Like

Daniels will come straight back onto the side as soon as heā€™s fit and rightly so. Heā€™s club captain and a player opposition players fear and one who leads by example.

PF I donā€™t think theyā€™ll rush simply become wood his injury history.

DD will also be reinstated as captain the minute heā€™s back. And Jamma will be the first one to hand over the arm band. Jamma will continue to lead just as he has for the past year with or without an armband because heā€™s a top top pro who acts like a captain regardless. Itā€™s made no difference to how he plays at all, itā€™s completely coincidental and related to fitness and confidence rather than a piece of elastic around his bicep.

If we make the play offs and thatā€™s a big if, I would be far more comfortable looking at our side with PF and DD in it, regardless of whoā€™s been doing well for what is a very very short period of time.

5 Likes

Very oldball analogy and completely muddled :joy::joy::joy:. Very good for a short period of time vs absolutely shite for a long period of time. Our annual finishes of 16 to 18th being testament to being shite for a very long period of time.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

That wouldnā€™t be fair or understandable to me. Until the 3 guys there now either get injured,have a run of poor performances or we get to the stage where weā€™ve nothing to play for. They should be treated like anyone else and maybe given a 15-20 minutes run out to get them match fit.

4 Likes

I agree his analogy is Completely Muddled up and without logic. Like he hasnt got a clue what heā€™s saying