The future as we know it?

Reading previous comments I dont think we should be talking about football on here.
Smack our fingers.

1 Like

Tenuous at best.

1 Like

Plans for a @geordiesaddler v @matt_saddlesore debate on the pitch apparently. Whether this will get the punters in who knows but If it is not resolved through oratory and reasoned argument then it will be decided by a crossbar challenge.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting question, we won’t know until things have settled down for a while. I imagine there will be some who will be keener than ever to get back to it, but also some who have developed other interests/hobbies, and having not gone to footie for several months, have realised they don’t miss it as much as they expected. What we don’t know of course, is what proportion of our and other clubs fans will fall into each camp.
Plus I am sure some will think something along the lines of “if this is the future you can stick it.”

What, your “personal experience of covid 19” or just general grip on reality?

:yawning_face: :yawning_face: :yawning_face:

It’s quite funny, my first remark was calling you a hypocrite for poo pooing other people’s hardships while lamenting your own. And here you are proving it :rofl:

Watch them “head swirls” if yawning when your putting your muzzle on, could be fatal that.

:roll_eyes: if you say so. Weak AF that.

Can we stick to Covid as it relates to football in this thread, and save the snipe for the long, dull, entrenched opinion thread, please.

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:

poo pooing someone weeing, are you mister poo poo? I always thought that was Cheesebag?

Don’t worry @Exile, I can’t possibly enforce my position any better than this post already does :rofl:

Good night all!

Sorry didn’t read your directive until my “poo poo post”

Personally I think we’ll all be given inflatable clappers, like what they do in Leicester that well known capital of Covid, and the pan banging Thursday night will be a like pre-season for footy fans.

Can you please avert your gonads whilst bending over…the government are coming with their “latest measures”

1 Like

I long ago muted the brexit and coronavirus threads on SOT as I was fed up with the back and forth drivel and entrenched positions.
I really don’t want to mute this one as I am very interested in what happens at football grounds but it’s looking like I will have to. Can’t these threads on All about Walsall be kept to just that? ALL about WALSALL meaning the football club.

13 Likes

I hope so Craig. Be too sad otherwise​:beer::beer::nerd_face:

1 Like

Fixtures out on Friday apparently. Hoping for Bolton, Mansfield, Newport, Exeter, Harrogate all to be in 2021 when the prospect of following your team away as part of the 300 might become a trend again and those are the aways I fancy doing.

Interesting looking at what the prem have done. Think it’s 18 games from January 30th so cramming pretty much half the season in three and a bit months, they’re gambling that things will be much better from Feb onwards so think EFL will do the same and they’ll be a midweek round every week from February.

Wasn’t sure whether to put this here or on the covid thread but a really interesting (if sad) blog about New York and the future as, we or rather the guy writing the blog knows it.

The same appears to be happening to our capital city. I think if NY and London don’t recover we will all be poorer.

Steps 3 and 4 of the pyramid are trying to prepare for every eventuality given they they cannot afford to play without spectators:

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/news/125373/Project-Restart