The future as we know it?

You already appear to be at step 25. Why not tell us how you got there?

Deflection phaser on level 10: shoot to distract with attendant semantic party popper. :partying_face:

Nothing intelligent to say then?

Before you go further down your semantic fencing route, you might want to check back over the thread.

Short answer: Have you?

I thought this was a football forum not a political forum for the left!!

Having read some of the recent comments can I just add these points; It would not be a disaster if Joe Biden lost actually. Joe Biden has a low IQ and can barely string two sentences together these days. His choice of running mate called him a racist in the debates recently PS why does she call herself black and not mixed race? Does she think it gives her some sort of advantage. Others do the same i.e. Meghan M, Obama and Hamilton. The best indicator of who will win is the S&P 500 performance between 1st August and 31st October. On that basis Donald has a good chance of winning, since it is currently on the up.

1 Like

Bore off mate, thereā€™s only one person here with mind boggling views. I explained myself pretty clearly. Everyone knows your views and most of them have seen you being vile about another posters dealings with this. Just because you say something is mind boggling or hypocritical doesnā€™t mean it is.

No I didnā€™t have a test, I thought of others and stayed home. And I didnā€™t have a bitchfit ā€œdonā€™t even go thereā€ moment like you.

At least you acknowledge of that 20K the virus played as big a part as anything else. Good enough for me :man_shrugging:

Iā€™ve seen the effects, Iā€™m aware of the issues, still have no sympathy with people that have had to sit at home for a month or so or had to wear a mask for an hour every week. Sorry.

Got ā– ā– ā– ā–  all to do with the left or right mate. Iā€™m of the left and supporting conservative policies like a lockdown. Why does everything have to be left and right these days? Normally find thatā€™s a devising tactic used by someone pushing an agenda

3 Likes

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, although said opinions may be ridiculed if not backed up by certifiable facts, just unobjective interpretations.

My issue, having been on the front-line from the start (although not in a medical capacity), is when people are either insensitive to others, or downright disregard others health or safety because they donā€™t believe in the status quo.

If someone wants to ignore advice or rules without involving others, fine, if they feel that they an do so to the discomfort or detriment of someone who believes something different, purely because they feel their interpretation is the correct one, not fine.

Iā€™ve wondered through this whether the family down my street who would clap for carers religiously and ostentatiously, yet were constantly breaking lockdown rules by having mates around/garden parties etc, ever got the irony.

6 Likes

But where do you draw the line? My rights donā€™t end where your fear begins.

1 Like

This times a billion.

2 Likes

Hitchens bang on againā€¦

1 Like

Donā€™t want to click the link, is he defending pedos or changing his religious views again?

Whatā€™s he said about Walsall FC playing football going forward? If nothing it shouldnā€™t be in this thread.

1 Like

I do wonder what the future holds for our club and the game as a whole.
I often take my Granddaughter to games, she was getting quite interested and enjoyed the atmosphere. She has now involved herself in other interests including lads.
Will people be like her and get out of the habit of going to games . What will the atmosphere in the ground be like. What will the finances be like, both from football and other sauces.
I know I am asking a lot of questions and I do want to be positive, but I do wonder and worry what will happen to our club and the game.

1 Like

The original thread is about the future as we know it, in relation to football (albeit quoting a presser from Rochdale), the article is about the future as we know it generally and mentions our basic pleasures and things we enjoy (of which football is presumabley one), therefore I thought it was relevant to the discussion.

Depends whether it contravenes medical and/or governmental advice/rules/laws or not, or even just accepted common courtesy.

You wouldnā€™t deliberately sneeze, spit, or cough on someone under any circumstances would you? So why feel, say, social distancing doesnā€™t need to apply when dealing with someone you donā€™t know, because you feel itā€™s bullshit but they donā€™t? Because you believe it is doesnā€™t that mean you donā€™t have to be courteous to others.

1 Like

WalsallOne:
I think we will all be relieved if Trump loses but what does Biden stand for? I know he was an able VP to Obama but does he have positions on the great issues of the day e.g. Climate change ,Sino-American relations, free trade . You mention his age (he is even older than me) so his VP who is unknown over here may well play an enhanced role.

Joe Biden supports the environment, climate change and gun control. Heā€™s not against the 2nd Amendment (the right to bare arms), but wants tighter restrictions on background checks and assault weapons. He supports science and its benefits.
Trump viciously attacked Biden last week, saying he was anti religion, anti bible and anti God. Biden responded calling Trump shameful.
Trump forgets when he attacks someoneā€™s religion, those wounds run deep and are not easily forgotten.
Trump, of course, is really referring to himself when he takes those hypocritical comments.

In 1972, Joe lost his wife and 1-year-old daughter in a car accident. Then in 2015 he lost his son to brain cancer.
I have never lost a child, so I donā€™t knowhow I would react to that kind of adversity, just thinking about it, I would not react very well.
His remarkable courage to get up to pursue a political career in order to serve others, I have nothing but respect for him. The way he handled losing a second child was an inspiration to us all. it would have finished me off!
I personally was against Kamala Harris for his running mate, she made some comment to Biden in the Democratic debates she should have apologized for. Whilst I admire his capacity for forgiveness, I would not have chosen her.
It will help him secure the black vote, but I donā€™t think she was the best candidate.

Interesting answer.

My reply to that is that you could drive a coach and horses through just about any aspect of the medical and/or governmental advice/rules/laws that we have experienced in the last six months. Starting with phony IFR, ā€œsave the NHSā€ (kill 20,000 vulnerable people), the fake death figures, the fake testing figures, the validity of the tests, definition of cases, Cummings/Ferguson - no sancture. Billions of wasted public money on masks and tests, useless Nightingale hospitals etc etc. The list is almost endless, but the upshot is, given what Iā€™ve just described is that we should be calling this government and its agencies to account, not simply doing as they tell usā€¦ just nicely in time for the start of the footy as the ridiculous Coronavirus Act that has underpinned all of the above, and the suspension of our human rights is up for debate in September.

As for common courtesy, Iā€™m a huge fan of it in all walks of life. However, I would hate to live in a world where legislation defined its boundaries. For example In my life Iā€™ve been sworn at for (accidentily) not holding the door open for someone, and also for holding a door open for someone who took offence at my ā€œsexismā€. I wouldnā€™t dream of shouting ā€œyouā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā–  and you know you areā€ inbetween making sheep noises at a passer by on the street, but I wouldnā€™t think twice of doing it at a Walsall Shrewsbury match.

So to bring this back to the thread, if youā€™re bothered about the infectious risks from covid 19 (or any other similar virus/bacterium) heightened by people in a football stadium behaving like football fans then simply donā€™t go to the football stadium where fans are, plenty of people donā€™t.

I grew up in an era watching football where it wouldnā€™t be uncommon for a river if urine to flow down the steps of the Street End on a big match day, where if the people behind you decided they were going to surge and take you with them, off you went, where breathing in others farts and tab smoke was just something you had to put up with, and the chances were there would be scraps to avoid. If you wanted it quiet, go in the cowshed and simply end up with some rust, asbestos, and pigeon guano in your hair. I (we) went, others didnā€™t, its simple choice based on an assessment of risk in a given situation and that should be left to the individual to make. I will eventually go for this pint Iā€™ve been meaning to for the last few hours, I know alcohol is harmful, I know there will be some idiots in the pub,and likely some annoying drunk people but Iā€™m still going.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I think he would get my vote too if the other candidate was Trump!!!

I agree and donā€™t know why I used this term. Most people have mixed views on all sorts of issues. I am not pushing any agenda but just commenting on some of the extreme statements made

1 Like

I donā€™t think that football clubs at our level will survive on just football activity, they will have to either diversify or go part time, we are lucky that we have been doing something similar for some years now, with the market and the corporate side of things, so we have a good base to start from.