The Game Plan

Based on last few games the game plan is simply punt the ball forward and hope for the best

Last few games have been reminiscent of the SMITH era, in that we have controlled games but not looked like scoring.

I have faith that MT is making us a solid side and the goal creation and goals will come at some point.

MT IN

The game plan for Christmas in our house is either guinea fowl, pheasant or partridge.

It could of course change, subject to opposition.

2 Likes

You should go for pigeon.

Is that to help kill off competition from pigeon post to preserve your employment status?

3 Likes

If we lose any of our games over Christmas there will be plenty of grouse on here!

1 Like

There is no need to snipe.

In the past, the Buck shot us out of situations like this.

Perhaps we could see if Tony Woodcock is fit enough to partner Miller.

At least he’d hit the target.

Ive said it near enough every game this season and still dont get it

Bit of shuffling about between between Rushworth and 2 defenders on the sides and whoever has the best open space in front hoofs it in the hope of picking someone up

Rinse and repeat ad nauseum

We got Taylor, McDonald and Fullerton on the case and thats what they have come up with. When they said style of play I was thinking more of Klippety’s pressing game, playing a bit higher and harress the opposition and dont give them time on the ball

2 Likes

The passing between Rushworth , Monthe and Mayo is painful to watch.

If your the opposition you’d love it, it gives you a breather and allows you to get back into shape. That’s why we struggle to score goals because the opposition is always set.

Watch our wingers very rarely do they get a ball in behind to chase, they are always been asked to beat the man

2 Likes

I doesn’t help that normally, once all the fookin about is done, he boots it out of play for a throw in to them

Exactly because everyone’s marked and theres no one to pass to so it results in a long ball, how our gaffer can’t see it is beyond me.

8 eyes are watching each game, more if you count LPs glasses, and yet it still doesnt register

MT, NMc, JF & LP watch the performances and no doubt they do read what the budding Alex Ferguson’s put on here as well

Unbelieveable

An old saying comes to mind involving a pigs ear and a silk purse

Risking being burned at the stake for heresy Miller reminds me of a young Steve bull at wolves in the 4th division - quick, strong and a decent finisher. The team was set up to soak up the pressure then catch teams on the break with defence splitting passes on the deck for bull to run onto. I think we need to set ourselves up to make the most of the one quality player we have

I feel it’s increasingly apparent I was right to raise the original point.

Our game plan doesn’t suit the team or our players abilities. Taylor’s aiming for the moon with a plastic toy rocket.
He needs to take a step back and get the best out of what his got before this ends up being a lot he Dutton Clarke keates season.

Steve Bull could finish mate.

3 Likes

WhAtS tHe PLaN wHy Doe wE ScOrE gOaLs!
(I’m taking the pee obviously mate :wink:)

1 Like