The hard knocks

Which former Walsall players were the roughest and toughest? Who’s the Roy Keane of the Walsall world?

Brian Caswell was pretty handy, so was Roy McDonough and Mark Rees

1 Like

Given his performance at brammal lane, I’d go for Psycho Mark

2 Likes

Kenny Mower was no mug either, and is still active :laughing:

Not hard In The traditional sense but kinsella must got home black and blue after every game.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen him shirk a challenge and his not the biggest, the guys got huge balls

10 Likes

Wouldn’t have messed with Forbes

5 Likes

John Keister would take players off at the knee and then look at the ref when cautioned with a look on his face of a saint as much as to say …what did I do wrong :joy:

3 Likes

Bernie Wright and Roger Hynd

3 Likes

1)Keister
2)Forbes
3 )Rees

1 Like

Played in the same school football team with him many years ago and he wasn’t afraid to leave the boot in occasionally back then either :joy:

1 Like

Roger Hynd
Bernie The Bolt
Rambo
Super Donny Goodman
Tony Barras
Mark Rees
Graeme Forbes
Stan Bennett
Derek Mountfield
Neil Pointon

I never thought Keister was hard, I just thought he was dirty. All the ones I’ve named could take it as well as dish it out.

3 Likes

Rambo…forbes…

How could you forget?

Bernie Wright - the Buck owed so many of his goals to his “protection”

1 Like

Roy McDonough especially when you have read the book.

3 Likes

You wouldn’t mess with roger or bernie if you came across them on the street never mind on the pitch

1 Like

James Baxendale

Never thought Bax to be hard, but saw him play for Worksop in a pre season friendly against our kids this year and what a dirty little bar steward he was that night.

Totally agree with these three , didn’t rees snap someone’s leg with a flying tackle back in the day ,:laughing:, I’m sure he didn’t get sent off tho , To far back to remember too much

I’ll put forward Paul Richie hard scottish left back loved him.

3 Likes

Mick Evans was a nasty fooker. Used to give some grief to the fans as well if they got on his back.

1 Like