The invisible man. Matt Sadler

Why hasn’t he stepped in and helped at centre half. We’re paying him as a player / coach. Another one taking the piss

1 Like

Someone mentioned yesterday that he’s injured, plus I doubt he’d be anywhere near match fitness.

The co-commentator on the Mansfield game (or whatever the first game after Ash Taylor left was), said he thought Sadler had been injured recently.

“Illness”? He’s off then :rofl:

Covid

Was Sadler on the touchline on Saturday? Also, what’s happened to Mills, who hasn’t been seen since his hand ball against Bradford.

Can anyone explain what success Sadler has ever bought to this club. Another inexperienced appointment.

On trial at Pleck Water Polo Club, they were impressed by his handling against Bradford, will sign on loan in the next week with a view to a two year deal in the summer.

3 Likes

Inexperienced, yes… but he’s a player coach - wouldn’t they always be inexperienced as coaches?

He’s been reliable as a player for us. and assuming he’s not on mega bucks I have no issue with him learning his new trade as a coach here - just a shame for him some of the coaching team’s he’s had to work under the last two years. A 36 year old player coach is far from the biggest issue at our club at the minute.

Well from what’s been reported numerous times he’s actually one of our highest earners unless he took a huge pay cut.

I get your point but as he’s not playing he’s now just an inexperienced coach supporting an inexperienced manager.

Who cares where mills is hes shite

1 Like

Another freeloader

I hope he’s not still being paid as a player - he hasn’t appeared since last April and with our recent central defensive crisis being really desperate you’d imagine that if he was ever going to appear again it would have been then.

I’m not a fan of the rinse and repeat of Taylor leaving and Sadler having the job personally it’s just the same as DC to Dutton in my eyes I can’t be arsed to go through that again.

Yeah I’m only in favour of sacking Taylor if we’re going to go for someone such as Flynn who left Newport. Not that he would come to this mess but someone like that.

1 Like

Absolutely mate it’s looking like we need a manager with experience of this league and of being in positions where players are not giving their all.It’s so ironic that our manager based his whole career on hardwork but his players certainly don’t mirror that attitude at all.

Russell Penn and James O’Connor , must be worth a shout , vast local knowledge of players and know what’s required .

Hmmmm. What’s in it for them?

And we could be in the same division as Kidderminster next season.

That would mean not only paying up Taylor and Ronald’s contracts but also paying compensation for Penn and O’Connor.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Never ever gonna happen…