The Liam Kinsella Thread

Good post. Very insightful and contributes much to the discussion.

1 Like

As was your stray thrown my way :+1:t3:

Here we f***ing go again… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Whitesnake?

3 Likes

What? Trolling going unchecked? Yeah totally agree.

Anyway on topic, Kinsella’s been unbelievable last few home games in particular. Won’t change some’s opinons, because performance doesn’t matter at this stage.

5 Likes

No, not until we are a promotion chasing team. And before you say, there are a host of other reasons that will contribute to that - but the midfield is one of the most central aspects to any teams with any desires of promotion.

Happy to be proven wrong, but I just don’t see us being a team in the top 7 with a midfield with him in it. I don’t think that’s too controversial.

The context of the last 5 years, and what we have become is key.

In the interests of balance, he’s been very good in the role he’s played in the last few games. Harrogate in particular. I just hope we see him doing that sort of ‘domination’ and controlling the game against better aides. Till now, it tends to be better performances against the sides around us.

But if he does… on a consistent basis… happy to say he’s improved and I was wrong. I would be very happy.

Context, context, context, young Padawan.

1 Like

I’d have thought you’d have shelved that one after the last time you used it came back to bite so quickly :joy: obvs not :man_shrugging:

I don’t believe you.

Ok, I’ll say it now:

I can watch on a weekly basis and list out many reasons why we’re not a top 7 team. Liam Kinsella is incredibly low on that list. Maybe not even on it at all.

I do enjoy keeping tabs on the sliding barometer for what constitutes a good player at this stage though. Now it seems to be “Yeah, but has he singlehandedly dragged us in to the play offs?!”

1 Like

Wrong. I haven’t changed my argument in 3/4 years.

Oh, not the overriding theme anyway, certainly wouldn’t accuse you of that :joy:

The “yeah, buts” happen on an almost weekly basis though.

See below - literally being saying it for ages and ages:

Like I said, wouldn’t accuse you of not banging a drum on repeat.

Can’t help being right about it :man_shrugging:t2:

In your own mind.

But yes, Liam Kinsella has not yet pulled a squad not good enough into the top 7 yet. That is factual, and if that’s where the invisible bar is for you, ok.

PSA.

Liam Kinsella is also in that/those squad(s).

Exactly my point.

What is? :joy: So were many players playing at a higher level, that also didn’t manage to drag us into the top 7 on their own. But apparently we must judge Kinsella by that and only that (and not being our best player for the last few years, and solid to great performances on a weekly basis).

Nope, you’re just ignorant to what I and others are saying.

I’ll boil it down for you.

You think Kinsella is a great player at this level, and would be in a successful side in this league.

I (and others) don’t. I think he’s been one of our better performers in the context of an incredibly low bar and never finishing in the top half in the last what? 5/6 years? I think we need better players (note the plural) to finish in the top 7. One of those players needs to be the DM/holding player in my opinion.

There you go.

It’s not difficult.

Nope, I know perfectly well what you are saying. And so does everyone else here. You clarify it in your “I’m just saying” way on an almost weekly basis whenever he plays well again.

It’s not my fault you can’t handle that I don’t agree :man_shrugging:

Yeah, I don’t agree either.

What’s your point ? :man_shrugging:t2::joy:

… that I understand perfectly well what you are trying to say? I … thought that was pretty obvious from my post, no?

You haven’t explained why my points above are wrong.

(In your opinion).

Do you think Kinsella would be a performer in a side (us) finishing in the top 7? If so, why?

Pre-Counter: we have never finished in the top half of any league with him in midfield. We have terrible possession stats (which correlates with league position). Why hasn’t a better side picked him up? There is no evidence therefore of him being able to play in a side in the top 7.

Do you think we can’t do any better than him? I think we can. I don’t know why it’s so controversial.