The Mat Sadler special

Cringeworthy? Looking forward to seeing you on the next one. I’m sure Simon will allow you to turn your camera off if it makes it easier.

4 Likes

Always happy to assist matey :+1:

Either that or it’s his way of dealing with the awkwardness of ‘public’ speaking. Different people deal with it in different ways with many different mannerisms which tend to become repetitive and a part of that person’s way of speaking (speaking from former knowledge of public speaking). I am sure if you were to watch anyone they will all have their own way of speaking, mannerisms or gesticulating. Many pointed out LPs word whiskers, his ‘erms’ between words for instance, they are all signs of awkwardness or lack of confidence in ones self.

Yes it is part of the job, but it isn’t something I would judge someone on, would I do better if it was me?? Doubt it very much…

Just my thoughts by the way, not correcting or criticizing in any way shape or form…

1 Like

Agree in principle with what you say, it was just my own observation of Sadler when being interviewed, be careful you may be categorised as an expert in body language .

Lol, no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but done my fair share of speaking in front of audiences, large and small, thus just my thoughts of my experiences in life :+1:t2:

Yep, I’ve even seen people on here say losing at home to a team below us in the table can only be described as a bad result at the end of the season when all the games have been played :roll_eyes:

I enjoyed the listen. Would happily listen to Walsall chat for hour’s and also listening to people who might (definitely have) a different opinion to me.

Some really interesting stuff.

Didnt like the early doors Dean Smith comparison and thats from someone who wasnt Smiths biggest fan. Smith always appeared to have a plan, a set up that reflected his ethos and the team always seemed to play for him. There has already been failures on all of these things already so dont like the comparison.

The other thing that bugged me and does so on here is the feeling that Sadler has many elements to his managerial style that still needs work and will take time. This really doesnt sit well with me. From tactics, formation, team selection and motivation, all appear to be lacking.

Its just doesnt sit well.

Good to hear maybe a more conciliatory view on the mighty Saddlers though :+1:

I think Ken speaks a lot of sense. Sadler needs a little bit of love, surprised we haven’t come up with a song for him yet.

There was one at the FGR game :rofl:

1 Like

Probably tip-towing round the 5 ton elephant in the room and wishing everyone a better 2024, and that’s the most irritating thing of all for me,the fact that Trivela won’t even admit that we are totally in the brown stuff. Not just “going through a difficult time” or “we must all pull together”.
I don’t think it would do Trivelas business plans any good at all if the fans started calling for Trivela and Sadler to go.

@KingCrod this will prove to be the best post in UTS history if Sadler carries on through with job and we start next season as a non league club

1 Like