The Mat Sadler Thread

Today isn’t on Sadler, he was absolutely right - decision should’ve been made earlier from the referee.

His comments and attitude though afterwards has rubbed me the wrong way though. Looks like he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and getting an attitude and ego about the situation, but that’s just my interpretation.

3 Likes

:joy: Sadler literally said the ref and their manager wanted it on but we didn’t.

Like I said, impossible to apportion blame without doing the pitch inspection yourself.

Anyone who has watched the Shrewsbury goals against Notts County will tell you that there is very little to fear in terms of their defensive qualities.

Granted, they have some good forwards but I think that we’re playing the Magpies at a good time.

I wonder whether Febian Brandy could sign as a free agent to make a brief cameo! :wink:

2 Likes

What a pleasant chap you are . Anyway it appears from other posters that the booing was because of the postponement and not at Sadler after all. I just couldn’t believe the fans of any club would boo their players before an important game . You seem to think that is ok. My idea of support is somewhat different.

12 Likes

It’s our defensive qualities we should be fearful of :grin:

People need to get over this xmas party thing.
What’s the problem?
So ridiculous to pick up on such trivial unimportant things.
God’s sake….it was a joke!!..……get a life!!!

9 Likes

Well said!

It’s all gone a bit Whitney now. Proper he looked at me in a funny way levels of weird.

4 Likes

You’re the one calling folks sad but then commenting on being pleasant. Can tell your one of these from this generation who like forget what’s being said and then be whiter than white.

Who mentioned players.

There was booing towards Sadler. Trust me I was there.

Being miffed about his Xmas party but not mentioning the fans was a nice touch

2 Likes

Simple really as much as some we want to complicate this match being called off .
Referee decision entirely .
managers would most likely give there opinion on pitch and player safety.would except that .
Referee would listen decision is on him “he knows that” HE THEN MAKES DECISION .
ps.should have been done earlier least 10.30 .

2 Likes

Oh I have a lovely life…trust me.
Burdened only currently by my love for a football club being managed by someone that is weirdly being defended by people when it is obvious he is taking us out of the league and doesnt appear to care, I couldnt care less if they have a party 7 nights a week as long as they all do what they are paid for on match days. My point was it appeared a little ill thought in the current situation and the title of this particular thread. You take it your way and I will do the same.

1 Like

He was joking about the party!! I thought it was a good comment. As for the rest of your post it makes no sense to me especially the first paragraph .

2 Likes

Who cares what Sadler has said, he has spoken that much drivel in his short time in charge I wouldn’t be able to distinguish what was a joke and what he genuinely meant anyway.

It is all just a distraction from the fact he is out of his depth and should be sacked :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Correct!

Matt Jordan also under the guidance of Sadler ?

In your view…it is not a fact. It is an opinion.

2 Likes

I’d say the evidence is mounting…

1 Like

I’ve heard that the club has kindly commissioned a limited edition of retro party hats and poppers for the Christmas party, but unfortunately there’s not enough to go around! They have done the same for Santa outfits and fortunately only one was required (size 5XL).

1 Like

We’ve got a break from the League today. Makes no difference either way in that respect. I have no confidence left that Sadler is the man to take us forward in the League but to criticise him for the situation today is pointless.

4 Likes

Are people actually saying that the game should have been played on that pitch , the game would have been called off early this morning if it weren’t for the BBC , if Sadler has said WFC weren’t happy with the pitch, he was in my humble opinion completely correct.

11 Likes