The Mat Sadler Thread

I wonder if Sadler had been told he’s out of we lose to Alfreton? Hence not wanting to play.

One minute he is “skulking” and the next he is being interviewed on TV and BBC radio stations and talking sense. The match was called off correctly but at least 2 hours too late. That is not the fault of MS or Walsall FC. I would blame Alfreton FC and the referee in that order.

16 Likes

You did the pitch inspection yourself then?

No just making the same point you made on the match thread!!!

4 Likes

Facing up to the fans is a bit different to some soft arse questions from the BBC

Right or wrong. The narrative from the Alfreton players and Staff is Sadler put the pressure. Red and Sadler won’t admit it. Doesn’t matter if it’s true. The word is we turned up didn’t want it. Massive motivation for Alfreton now.

Sadler in ?

You must have missed the point completely then because at no point did I say anyone was anymore to blame than anyone else and that nobody (Sadler and Walsall included) covered themselves in glory. Without literally doing a pitch inspection yourself it’s impossible to know who really is at fault.

But for a game to reach ten minutes before kick off to be called off, with one manager saying it’s fine and another saying it’s unplayable then there’s been some pretty poor decisions made.

1 Like

That doesn’t change the fact the match should have been called off earlier.

2 Likes

Walsall are clearly not to blame for the match being called off. The weather, Alfreton not having an earlier inspection and the dithering referee are to blame.

11 Likes

Match off is match off.

Just a shame Sadler is coming out of it looking like this now. No shock he just comes across terribly. Demeanour attitude the way he puts himself across.

Bloke needs to be gone.

Loved the booing of him - he’ll have heard that.

2 Likes

We arrived at the ground an hour before kick off and where the covers had been removed didn’t look very good, in fairness although I’m not happy that it was called off so late player safety has to be paramount. Does anyone know when the game will go ahead, I thought the 12th was mentioned but may have misheard.

What a sad person your are! You like the fact a fellow human being was being booed for what exactly? Living ?

10 Likes

Not living no …Stealing a living

1 Like

We didn’t ‘want it’ because the playing surface was dangerous.
Sensible really.

8 Likes

Only one person makes a decision to call off the pitch and that’s the referee.

Whether he was under more pressure due to the tv camera is another matter but regardless if that it will have been his decision alone.

Whilst the BBC may have added pressure there’s no way one manager or the other will have had any influence on the ref and to suggest he did is funny as f*ck.

7 Likes

As I posted on the match thread:

No, sending our club towards non league football. For me - sad is you being so far up the clubs arse you can’t see what’s happening.

2 Likes

All about priorities, get that christmas party sorted Sad’s
https://twitter.com/Reece1406/status/1730955631597592872?t=JKGn79gIueF0p6xQor56Iw&s=19

Yeah, I cringed when I heard the Christmas Party comment. Oh well, he has now had his "get out of jail free card played.

1 Like

Talking about how the game is postponed is irrelevant now.

All I care about is Sadler winning some games very very soon. Don’t think he’s good enough to put out a team good enough to beat Notts County so pressure will then just pile on for the re-arranged game and basically the Alfreton manager’s teamtalk is already done.

Would there genuinely still be people on this forum wanting him in if lost at Notts County and then Alfreton as we’d be talking about a very bleak situation then, out of FA cup and potentially a lucrative 3rd round tie and very close to the bottom 2. Would be pretty much as bad as losing to Scunthorpe and that was the end for Taylor.

1 Like