The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2024 II

READ THIS: [this is the official thread for all the usual gossip. No other sidetracks will be tolerated unless they are about specific signings] ~ mods

No Hutchison, no other pet clubs, no freehold, no history, no rubbish. Transfer rumours only.

23 Likes

Can they also be rumours that actually have a bit of substance and not just “I’ve been told the club are after a player I can’t mention from a club I can’t mention”.

1 Like

Ah, the rarest of rumours…

For someone who has switched off, who have we actually retained? Or, amazingly, signed in the interim?

TIA

1 Like

There’s a retained and released thread only a short search away…and no new signings, unless I missed a nugget in amongst the 4700 posts that generally weren’t about signings or rumours…

2 Likes

We’ve retained the following players

The following players remain in contract for the 2024/25 season:

• Brandon Comley
  • Donervon Daniels
  • Jack Earing
  • Preistley Farquharson
  • Liam Gordon
  • Isaac Hutchinson
  • Jamie Jellis
  • Danny Johnson
  • Ronan Maher
  • Oisin McEntee
  • Ryan Stirk
  • Evan Weir

Weve signed Connor Barrett our only signing Im aware of

We’ve released theses players

• Owen Evans
  • Rollin Menayese
  • Aramide Oteh
  • Joe Riley

Further Tom Knowles has gone to Forest Green Rovers

It is not clear if Jackson Smith and Joe Foulkes will sign although the expectation is Smith is off to Shrewsbury and Joe Foulkes is simultaneously in Germany and Wombourne, so no wonder its been hard to get him to sign a contract.

Also, people think Hutch is off to Bristol Rovers.

6 Likes

I heard Barnsley or Swansea.

2 Likes

The club triggered the contract extensions of Taylor Allen and Douglas James Taylor, but then loaned DJT to Drogheda for the season.

1 Like

Would like to think this will be a busy week.

Couple of signings, fixtures announced and fans forum.

1 Like

The squad is far weaker now than that ended last season.

Only area I’m fine with is CB options.

Need a back up keeper, another RWB, two new CMs and two new forwards.

Plenty of work to do over the next six weeks.

This week looks a positive one to me.
We may announce a few signings, the fixtures are released (something I always look forward to) and a fans forum.
I hate it when the season finishes and let’s face it Wimbledon wasn’t a nice way to sign off but we’re getting closer to a new season and I’m already chomping at the bit to get back to the ground among the Walsall faithful.

5 Likes

Think it will be a very busy week, aren’t the players back at some point this week too??

Plenty of work to be done with the Hutch leaving and DJ’s future still up in the air. Not aware of any social occasions Sadler will be at this week so a week of hard and really rewarding work trying to get some high quality signings over the line.

Appreciate the update. I hadn’t got the mental strength to start looking at the last one.

1 Like

Just saw that Hutchinson has left the building.The replacement for him will be fun.

3 Likes

It was to be expected but it’s always disappointing losing your best player. With an incoming fee, we have no excuses not to be showing some kind of ambition and investment into the squad now.

5 Likes

No mention of the value of the “compensation release clause”. Guess we’ll never know.

1 Like

This week is going to be massive one way or the other

He signed a new deal this time last year I think so it will hopefully be six figures.

Thought we had some certainty it was around the 100-150k mark?