The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2024 II

Yep.

Iā€™m not fine with the CB options. We were shipping goals for fun at the end of the season.

4 Likes

Mentioned him in the other thread, but if we want a direct Hutchinson replacement, we should be going after Cameron McGeehan.

Experienced, quality midfielder who got close to double figures for goals from midfield in a god awful Colchester side last season.

Theyā€™ve offered him a new deal 6/7 weeks ago and he hasnā€™t committed to them, so Iā€™d say heā€™ll be leaving there.

2 Likes

@yellowribbonpod think itā€™s closer to Ā£400Kā€¦

Theyā€™re wrong.

I reported this last week - itā€™s low.

Canā€™t reveal source(s) but given this was absolutely spot on - both sources said itā€™s low. Confirmed to me at the weekend as well by another person.

4 Likes

We actually said that was more his valuation rather than what the deal was

All speculation about fees from our end, we donā€™t make a habit of guessing fees and saying thatā€™s what it is

We donā€™t know and wonā€™t ever claim to unless we.are 100% sure

5 Likes

Whatever it was, it was more than we would have got next summer when he went for free :man_shrugging: Nothing the club can do about that anyway.

Whatever the figure is though itā€™s pounds and pennies they can put towards a replacement, as well as his wage.

11 Likes

Letā€™s hope you are right and they invest in some quality for a change.

1 Like

Any white smoke from the Poundland? Have we signed anyone yet? Itā€™s even worse than last year!!

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised there hasnā€™t been some sort of address to be fair from Boycott/Pomlett/whoever. There has been when big players have been sold in the past, I would have thought it would have been the same after this transfer. Just another advert for The Locker posted.

I hope they donā€™t underestimate the effect of a lack of progression paired with increased prices would have on the fans this season, and assume everything is all hunky dory. It wasnā€™t long ago people were falling over themselves about the communication and how great it was these days, but it also wasnā€™t that long ago people were delivering coffins to the club front door.

8 Likes

Trivela need to put up or shut up.

What is it that they have said that needs to be shut up about?

2 Likes

Elnombre rightly points out the lack of communication from the club.
Gensanx says they should shut up

Whatā€™s a club to do?

13 Likes

Reset the goals completely. Stop the bull. The stated aim of a top league 1 club pushing for the championship. What a load of crap that is. In whose lifetime exactly. So the stated aim cant be that. What is it exactly?

They should put up or shut up regarding their ludicrous objective to have us as a top league 1 club fighting for the championship

What a joke that aim is

In terms of communication the club have know this coming they have planned a fan forum for Thursday. It will all become clear then when Ben is in the country
I would imagine other bits of business will be announced between now and then. No need to be critical imho

1 Like

I always respect other fans view points but to me personally settling for Jellis or Maher as a replacement for Hutchinson is settling for the same old same old as regards our business on the pitch.If Trivela donā€™t re-invest the Hutch money thereā€™s no change from the pre Trivela era.

11 Likes

I think we have to remember that most of the available funds have probably had to be allocated to the new floodlights. They donā€™t come cheap

So do you

Whoā€™s bright idea was that? :grin:

2 Likes