The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2024 II

I know he has had interest, but I can categorically tell you the club would not sanction a small wage rise.

2 Likes

Wonder if season ticket sales are down on last season?

You have no idea how good his replacement is, none of us do.

1 Like

Doubt we will ever know but did the club want rid?
Love the fact he is local and a fan and his fist pumps towards the home end struck a chord far more than Sadlers for example but was heca good coach?

TRANSFER rumours, not budget rumours.

7 Likes

Relying on loans is nothing new we and many other clubs do the same year in year out.

Draper
Gordon
Adeboyega
Okagbue
Tierney
Faal

I expect to see similar numbers season.

I think theres alot scare mongering going on.

2 Likes

Can you make a budget rumour thread then?

Surely rumours about the budget - which affect transfersā€¦ are allowed ?

3 Likes

Iā€™d rather have an experienced 1st team goalkeeping coach. Not the kids one from Cheltenham

Absolutely desperate :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I imagine so. Got that feeling from the general fanbase during the early bird and our form tailed off bigtime towards the end of that period

1 Like

We also inexplicably reopened the early bird offer.

2 Likes

The extension of Sadlers contract must have resulted in hundreds of non renewals

2 Likes

On Dave Watson, I know he helped out with set pieces but was he really that good a coach? Evo went backwards under him. Jacko had a few good games true but I donā€™t think heā€™s quite a first choice league standard keeper yet. Of all the players and coaches weā€™ve allegedly offered miserly deals to only Knowles has been picked up by another club and then one in the national league. I donā€™t think itā€™s a case of penny pinching or budget cuts but rather the club offering realistic money. The.Conner Barrett signing shows our ambition and I think weā€™ll see a few good other good signings over the next couple of weeks.

5 Likes

Price increases would be the main reason for season ticket numbers being down .

1 Like

Just because heā€™s from the Cheltenham academy, doesnā€™t mean heā€™s not experienced in his line of work.

2 Likes

Tbf i dont think coaching is Watsonā€™s best role, both goalkeepers have struggled and conceded alot of goals this season. Maybe a role as set piece coach would be more suitable.

4 Likes

A new GK coach implies we are actually signing a Goalkeeper so positive news.

3 Likes

Ffs. It means heā€™s not an experienced 1st team goalkeeping coach

Cant you just admit for one that if something is poor. Itā€™s poor

Said all along that I will judge things after the first 5 signings. Sorry Exile off topic.
ā€¦would also agree that there have been no major improvements in goalkeepers of lateā€¦we managed to wreck Evans.

1 Like

Definitely

Ok. Iā€™ll say it. As a goalkeeping coach Watson did nothing whatsoever to improve our keepers.
Didnā€™t do his job.

10 Likes