The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2024 II

A month back We we’re all looking for a step up quality of signings particularly in the striker department we seem to have addressed one problem hopefully from last season RWB .as for other areas 3/4 quality players that we were glaringly short of last season in positions, we’ve yet to do anything ,in fact with the loss of Hutch this squad has gone backwards .and unless those signings are made in the next week I fear for us next season .Im just waiting for a few un inspirational loans as per usual pattern and Sadler saying he’s very happy with squad .Im more than disappointed with Trivela and what’s happened up to now to say the least .really hope that’s going to change in the next few days but can’t see it the die is cast I’m afraid.

2 Likes

Oh dear….!

Recruitment now seemingly reaching desperate measures. Clean your boots off and you might get a game.

The super computer must be broken :wink:

1 Like

It’s hard not to look at the current squad and not think: budget cut!! Numerically, we are 5 or 6 players down on the squad that finished last season. Quality-wise, we are much weaker: no Hutch or Faal or Oteh or Smith/Evans. We need to address this lack of quality very soon, to have any chance of making the top 7!!

6 Likes

What about Ronaldo? He fits the bill, age-wise, and his recent scoring record!

1 Like

The main concern for me is the failure to get in better than we had/have.
Yes the core of the squad is here so have played together for a season but if we are ever going to get out of this league we surely need to improve the team from last season.
There’s still time of course but it doesn’t feel as though Trivela intend to splash the cash.
I also wonder if it’s going to be another season of DJ on the bench because as it stands I don’t see who apart from him is going to score the goals needed to take us to the next level.

3 Likes

On 8th July though, I don’t think it’s really fair to judge the summer recruitment until it’s been completed and we’ve still got a number of incomings. We’ve done some really good business so far but there is still some work to be done, albeit I think the vast majority of the remaining incomings will be loans.

3 Likes

Agreed. And it’s boring reading the posts from these experts (happy clappers) desperately trying to justify the Gordon signing ‘the high press / workrate’

we can’t all be wrong can we and most of us think he’s rubbish

… that would be the ‘wurst kaese’ scenario !

2 Likes

That’s our 25/26 season goalkeeper confirmed on loan then :+1:t2:

1 Like

My confidence levels need a boost and until we sign a meaningful striker they will remain low.

2 Likes

The next moves are the most important…GOALS!!

2 Likes

Walsall need a goalie why hasn’t he come here?

1 Like

Yep need to replace Hutchinson’s input from last season and whilst we have the lad who was on loan at Sutton last season I don’t think he can shoulder that burden alone.We could do with a proven goal scorer, but one that Sadler will let onto the pitch.

2 Likes

I honestly think our business between the sticks is done with the loan of the stoke kid.He and they wouldn’t have let him come here without major assurances regarding game time.

2 Likes

That young kid, Barrett, struggled in the West Mids Prem last season. Gamble of a number 2.

1 Like

Doesnt make sense if hes as promising as they are saying then why sell him to stockport

1 Like

Whilst there is no doubt the stoke signing is talented. 2 18 year olds as our keeper with no permanent expexperienced pro. I’m sorry but if we are left with that it’s really really poor. Pathetic in fact.

1 Like

Sack the head green keeper