The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2024 II

Josh March? His scoring record is as bad as Gordons in the last 3 years or so.

1 Like

If it was him, itā€™d likely be a loan, and proof we donā€™t learn our lessons on loanees from L1 clubs.

1 Like

On loan maybe?

He only made 8 appearances last season, according to his wiki page.
Some of those could have been as substitute, no idea how to check on that though.

EDIT - posted at the same time as @TheRedPrince.
Great minds and all that :rofl:

1 Like

All of them were, got injured then made another substitute appearance at the end of the season

1 Like

Looks like exactly the sort of striker we donā€™t need !

2 Likes

Looking in the cool light of day at the squad againā€¦

It just screams mid table to me. I donā€™t see where the signings are to make us a credible top 7 side.

We of course, could be, with the right signings - but we look very weak going forward if you ask me.

These forward players need to be proper good.

11 Likes

Then heā€™d fit in well in our non-scoring forward line. Surprised we didnā€™t keep DJT in the squad to try and break the record of the lowest number of goals scored by a Walsall forward line in a season!:wink:

How many triallists do we think weā€™ll have on Saturday? Iā€™ll go for 4, to include the ex-League 1 striker released at the end of last season after a lacklustre campaign; a 36-year old striker from a League 2 club who has a poor injury record (sorry, Iā€™ve just described Gordon and Matt!); an ex-academy player from a Championship club, who can play in midfield or defence and a young keeper who has played in non-league football.

Any other suggestions?!!

Danny batth back training with wolves under 21ā€™s free agent still only 33, talks have been held with him potentially going to Solihull moors was with Norwich last season. Now there is one I would 100% be taking a look at, him in the middle of our back 3 would hugely benefit it and concede much fewer goals! Having watched him in the past can guarantee half of crosses into our box would be headed away

3 Likes

With Germany now out of the Euros, Iā€™m expecting to see Neuer in nets, Kroos in midfield and Wertz up frontā€¦
All as trialists on Saturday.
The first two are getting on a bit now though

David Kelly? Heā€™d still probably outscore the rest of them at his ageā€‹:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

In all Honesty Iā€™d take a guess it might be Wakeling sure we were linked with him last year as well

Josh March is hardly inspiring if its him either 1 in 3 career average looks great until you see almost all of it was in non league football

1 Like

Feels like a bang average mid table squadā€¦.

Could be transformed into a promotion push by intelligent, creative and inspired tactical management

2 Likes

Maybe so but has been promoted twice out of this league before and teared us a new one when we went to Stevenage under Flynn. Thereā€™s a player in there somewhere, comparing him to Gordon I think is a little unfair

So you think we would get promotion with a different manager?

Josh March would have been ok if we didnā€™t resign Matt and Gordon
If it is him Gordon and Matt is reeks of hard work and no talent

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a bit rough.

1 Like

Itā€™s the ā€˜bunkerā€™ effectā€¦

Like others have said March isnā€™t a bad player but heā€™s too similar to Gordon.

1 Like