The Official Transfer Rumours Thread 2019 summer edition

I get that of course, thats football in a nut shell.

But do the others who are not “hardcore” fans get it? The people who we need too lure in for the figures we need too achieve?

You play nice football and climb tables etc etc it brings in them glory hunters which we need right now too help swell the funds but with nothing on offer most will just carry on cleaning the garage out or summat

1 Like

What? There’s no information to talk about has there? But I couldn’t resist this nonsense.

Just don’t think, if I was a glory hunter, Walsall FC would be where I start to be honest.

I remember having to endure all the ■■■■■■■ that latched on during our time in the championship. Better off without them.

Well, not according to Leigh.

Numbers in the stands make money and noise.

Exactly what we need right about now

This is what you wrote last week :wink:

Hardly surprising, he’s the owner.

Or a smaller stadium :smile:

1 Like

It is indeed and its right but not everyone loves the club like some of us but we need them just as much and if we dont give the people who aint got the same love as us a reason too come back well be left with small numbers and smaller budgets.

I feel i cant have my cake and eat it but we have deffo missed a mark with early season hype too where we sit now, which like the bloke said above has put him off and im sure will do too so many others which is what we didnt want too happen at all costs. Weve been ■■■■ for too long and that little hope gave a new reason too support again, and if we are all honest nothing has changed yet (im sure it will i can feel LP is a proper fan) and so people back off in fear of getting same ■■■■ as before, and the home form only backs up the reason not too come. Id love too have a magic spell and make them all Walsall too the core but with prices and stuff minds are easily swayed

1 Like

It’s clear that you are 100% through and through Butters, no question.
Thing is for me, I couldn’t give a ■■■■ for people that only want to roll up to support us when we have success. Maybe too long in the tooth, growing up in the seventies when football wasn’t what is now.
See the thread on SOT. That was what supporting Walsall has always been about for me. Gallows humour, being the underdog and feeling part of a small, loyal fan base.

4 Likes

To me it’s not about who is the best supporter and will be there at any cost.
Having been to all the home games this season bar 1 through illness and 4or 5 away with the wife and kids .
I am debating if we should go Saturday or not as it is not cheap taking the family especially when I see teams around us showing more ambition than ourselves. It’s looking as though we are going to settle for mediocre season instead of getting a few decent players in and giving fans hope with some momentum and better performances especially at home where we have been poor for the most part in front of our long suffering supporters many of which forked out a lot of money on season tickets with the false hope of a good tilt a promotion at the first attempt

2 Likes

I really dunno how too word a reply. I 100% agree and feel that same way but some other side of me for some reason feels like were gunna need all these people too help build what LP wants because our “own” lot are not big enough i dont think after all the ■■■■ years… Pains me too say

2 Likes

Exactly that…

Agree Butters, it’s a difficult one. You want your team to win every game but somehow, the consequences of doing so could take away the very reason you started supporting the club in the first place.

1 Like

One thing that was confusing to me in Pomlett’s interview was the bit when he said his five year plan to get us into The Championship wouldn’t involve “incremental thinking” but rather a big change. Our approach and attitude to progress at the moment is almost painfully incremental. Does this tie in with the idea of foreign investors getting behind the club once we’re back in L1?? If so then why such a cautious approach to getting out of L2? That just doesn’t make sense to me, if there’s some kind of club changing investment candidly waiting in the wings until we get out of this league then surely we should be absolutely busting a gut to get out in case they get sick of waiting! This league could well contain the likes of Bolton, an even more impatient and minted Salford, and quite possibly one or both of Bradford and Plymouth next season. It will be a very tough ask to finish top 3, whereas this year the top 7 has the likes of Crewe, Cheltenham, and fan-owned Exeter knocking on the door.

4 Likes

Correct mate. Its so hard too word somethings, There has too be a balance, And like Gavin says with the costs and family time etc you sometimes have too question where we are going and weigh it all up… Is yout effort time and money being matched with ambition by the club? Dont matter how deep your love is sometimes your head does the more efficient thing

1 Like

I’d go it’s gonna be a goal fest haven’t our last 2 meetings been 3-2 or am I thinking of someone else?

Well, yeah? Exactly :joy:

Exactly we seem to have missed a big opportunity this season. Like you say I can see this division being tougher next year. A few good players in at the start of the season and we would’ve had at least an extra 12 points on the board . They signings in a way would have paid for themselves Leigh because you would now be getting the 5k plus at every home game.

1 Like

thats the only way he is getting 5000 at this level if we are challenging at the top.

3 Likes