The Official Transfer Rumours Thread 2019 summer edition

Who da thunked it :joy:

1 Like

He’s still asking for 5000 fans complete pie in the sky the way things are at the moment on the pitch and the matchday experience in general. are they happy to let the season fizzle out then? Hardly going to inspire casual and floating fans to turn up is it?

2 Likes

The biggest problem this club will face is in the summer when all this new chairman and manager hype has wore off and weve had a pretty average season with plenty dross threw in…How many off those new ST holders will renew? How many off the current lot will renew? We never made full use of a very positive time at our club and i fear that will come back too bite us on the arse…

But on the other hand i dont if getting players in just too help steady a mid table ship is good or bad, Good too help some fans see its all trying but bad that it might not keep many of them interested after all the talk DC has done… Very dodgy ground atm and hope tomorrow sheads a bit more light on it because atm its a bit of a mess

1 Like

I won’t. I bought an ST cos of the change of ownership. Previously I just paid on the gate due to missing 3 or 4 games a season. I thought the commitment and money upfront may help the club change its ways.

Alas, here we are in Jan, facing the same issues. Lots of positive, ambitious talk from those at the club, but precious little action to match the words.

I too would like to know why we are being told we need 5000 to compete at this level, when other clubs are now investing more in their teams than we are, on smaller crowds and with far less off the field activities.

If Leigh wants 5000 in the ground, empty words and a mid table finish ain’t gonna do it.

2 or 3 signings and a play off tilt most certainly would

10 Likes

And your not going too alone in them thoughts…

Which i think the club has not thought about, Re build or no re build people simply wont come back for mid table mediocre football under a re build they just wont

1 Like

Maybe we don’t need glory hunters?

I think it would pay me to hold back for about 4 years, save my money and come back to watch us challenging for a place in the championship when LP’s plan comes to fruition :rofl::wink:

Glory hunting when they signed up too a league 2 team i dont think its that pal,

I think a mixture of people feeling slightly let done by it all and the general poor home form and home feeling. People come too watch Walsall for some fun and enjoy the day, not much of that been had at home this season really too give people food for thought.

1 Like

Yeah, glory hunters wanting out of division 4 and that!

Rough with the smooth. Ya cor be a long term Walsall supporter unless ya put up with ■■■■
It’s what supporting Walsall is all about
I thought you got that?

Wondered when you might pipe up ? :joy::joy:

Yes, glory hunters if you only commit when a club is successful

I get that of course, thats football in a nut shell.

But do the others who are not “hardcore” fans get it? The people who we need too lure in for the figures we need too achieve?

You play nice football and climb tables etc etc it brings in them glory hunters which we need right now too help swell the funds but with nothing on offer most will just carry on cleaning the garage out or summat

1 Like

What? There’s no information to talk about has there? But I couldn’t resist this nonsense.

Just don’t think, if I was a glory hunter, Walsall FC would be where I start to be honest.

I remember having to endure all the ■■■■■■■ that latched on during our time in the championship. Better off without them.

Well, not according to Leigh.

Numbers in the stands make money and noise.

Exactly what we need right about now

This is what you wrote last week :wink:

Hardly surprising, he’s the owner.

Or a smaller stadium :smile:

1 Like

It is indeed and its right but not everyone loves the club like some of us but we need them just as much and if we dont give the people who aint got the same love as us a reason too come back well be left with small numbers and smaller budgets.

I feel i cant have my cake and eat it but we have deffo missed a mark with early season hype too where we sit now, which like the bloke said above has put him off and im sure will do too so many others which is what we didnt want too happen at all costs. Weve been ■■■■ for too long and that little hope gave a new reason too support again, and if we are all honest nothing has changed yet (im sure it will i can feel LP is a proper fan) and so people back off in fear of getting same ■■■■ as before, and the home form only backs up the reason not too come. Id love too have a magic spell and make them all Walsall too the core but with prices and stuff minds are easily swayed

1 Like