The Official Transfer Rumours Thread 2019 summer edition

We are still paying the rent. We may also be paying off loans?

I did not take a break actually. I just contributed to other forums which I felt were more balanced

Not sure the rent excuse washes with me, most clubs pay rent or fund their ground in some way.

1 Like

I don’t expect us to be top 3 or 4 in terms of playing budget in this league. But I certainly expect us to be competitive and in the top 10. I think we are maybe 15 -16th at best which is disappointing.

1 Like

What do you think it is?

1 Like

my View is the current owner doesn’t have the cash to Invest.

One of the only possible reasons I see for the under investment in the playing budget is that Clarke and his coaching staff are on a very good screw . Which would be fair enough if we was seeing a lot of progression and a style of play being implemented.

I agree. He’s not a sugar daddy which is why the rent payments are still significant.

1 Like

So why did Grigg celebrate scoring goals to an empty stand?

Certainly no sugar daddy I would say is the understatement of the century!.

Looks like everyone at the Club is accepting we will not make the play-offs. It would take a lot to achieve it now. But if we finish off the season in poor form it will affect next season too. Especially season ticket sales. Wish the Club was as desperate as me to get out of this division. Of course making sure we are not the next Bury. Sign a striker ffs.

1 Like

Because it was funny! He used to do weird celebrations all the time.

I remember him celebrating with us plenty at Carlisle away on a Tuesday night after he scored a hat trick…

He’s openly admitted that he loved his time here and quote our “fantastic fans”.

Enough said imo.

2 Likes

Until it’s mathematically impossible to make the play offs the owner, the manager and players should be doing everything they can to make it happen, if they’ve decided enough’s enough and we’ll save a few quid for next season can we hand our 9 or so home tickets we have left in our season tickets to reception and get 9 free ones next year ???
Come on Walsall FC let’s give it our best shot FFS and try and get out of this division, if we fail after trying and giving it all we got then so be it, but the standard of this division with what I’ve seen up to yet we won’t get a better chance, a little bit of investment and a bit of luck maybe is all what is needed to put a great run together and get to The play offs with momentum.

5 Likes

Top earners currently earn a basic in the region of £1-1.5k per week. Bonus potential in the region of 30% of basic salary. Young professionals earn a pittance.

1 Like

Why would we be the next Bury? Apparently we turn a profit every year and are paying off our debts quick smart (especially to uncle Jeff who basically still owns the ground and therefore has a chunky vested interest in us toddling along unless there’s another tennant in Walsall looking for a pretty crap football ground to rent)… I wouldn’t mind us being the next Rotherham, tell our super number one fan landlord to shove it, groundshare for a few years and build a ground in the north of the borough where the vast majority of our fanbase seems to come from if we can’t have one in the town centre which would be nice for a change!

By the way, we moan with very good reason about our matchday experience, catering, queues etc. Last week my son went down to the worst away trip in the premier league, ie Wolves. A “City” where you can’t even get in Wetherspoons on a matchday unless you have a home ticket, you could be literally shopping with your missus and they won’t let you in. He set off at about 7 am on one of the more sensible buses with his mates from school with a wedge of his Christmas money in his skyrocket. Coppers got on the bus at 1.30 when they arrived and said “your pubs full you’ll have to go straight in the ground”, the pub by the way is down by the station. So in the ground he went, being an extremely well behaved and sensible lad (he gets that from his mother), only to find its a “cashless stadium” he couldn’t even get himself a pie or a bottle of pop, and there was nothing on the tickets to say that was the case. Dump, their lot come up here and stop where I live on the coast and make a weekend out of it and all go on the drink in Newcastle like butter wouldn’t melt, they should be kicked out of the ■■■■■■■ league. You’re not allowed in the bottom eshcelons of non-league unless you have a facility to accommodate visiting people.

3 Likes

Would love to have been a fly on the wall during the negotiations with Wes they’ve obviously sold him a vision otherwise he’d have gone in my opinion.

1 Like

I don’t understand the sudden significance of tbe

Who and where has anyone at the club said we’re giving up on the play offs at this stage?

There’s still 19 games to play and we’re 11 points off.

Get just a couple of signings in this month, go on abit of a run and who knows.

Oh yeah… What signings are those

According to Pomlett the transfer window isn’t very important and we can wait until the end of it!. Hence im fully expecting the usual cast offs no one else wants!

Total Budgeted Earnings/Expenses?
Or are your batteries running low again?