The Official Transfer Rumours Thread 2019 summer edition

We’ll be signing Rome Fooky-Nell and Berlin Boogami-Sidewaze next.

1 Like

Indeed

Yep -Bristol Rovers: Paris Cowan-Hall signs on loan from Millwall - BBC Sport

Lalkovic was spotted in Walsall today…

1 Like

Shopping in Echo Island before his job interview in Oxygenie?

1 Like

Hope he was just seeing an old neighbour or something.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fcbanikostrava/status/1135890736082247680

Milan ain’t coming back

I’m never quite sure about this interest in bringing former players back. I suppose people are more comfortable viewing the potential when they already have a bit of first hand info. I’m struggling off the top of my head to think of players who improved on their first spell. Too young to know whether Colin Taylor was better before or after Crystal Palace. Buckley scored some memorable goals , but was never , for me , quite as sharp when he came back from B’ham. Richard O’Kelly? In the 88 promotion team, but not to me as effective as in his earlier spell. Bernie Wright? Possibly as good, but better? Can anyone think of more recent examples?

Michael Ricketts!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Forgotten he even came back. Keates is probably the best candidate. Massive influence in the 06/07 season, but some of that might have been due to the drop in divisions. However definitely a successful return for him and the club.

Wonder if we will sign anyone this week

Well Keates is a double return - with us twice as a player and then back once more as a manager (which also goes for MO’C).

Off the top of my head - Flo Cuvelier, Jimmy Walker, Martin Butler, Mick Kearns …

Just this season Josh Ginnelly made a successful return (our season may have turned out very different if he hadn’t have left again!) - and the most recent of all Scott Laird.

I suppose there’s two different issues. Better on return and/or successful on return? Some of those are possibles for one, but I’m not sure Laird (or Cuvelier) was either.

Andy Butler returned

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnTondeur/status/1135851292973260800

BBC Humberside have also tweeted about it. Only looks like interest at the moment.

If Cook does go I’d rather he moves to a League One club. You can just imagine him coming back to haunt us next season if he was at another League Two club.

No way should we let him go to another League 2 club and have him score those goals for a team we are competing against

1 Like

Why would he go to grimsby?

2 Likes

Because they will soon be able to keep their own fish?