The Relegation Thread

https://thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

Was hoping this wouldn’t be needed this season. But the reality is with 11 games to go relegation is a possibility at this point. Fishy calculator has us staying up (hurrah), but it is linked to the Grimsby fans website, so could be a trap.

FWIW, ALL the evidence I have seen this season is that Walsall are an average mid table team who should be nowhere near relegation. But we will if we don’t turn up to the next two games. WAKE UP Walsall fc. Don’t sleepwalk to division 5.

Next two games are bigger than our rent cheque!

I think if we can get a draw at Southend that will be enough to keep us safe, as I don’t see Southend getting enough points to catch us.

It’s all very sad though, this hasn’t happened overnight. A string of poor appointments and decisions. Some better decisions needed now or we are almost certain to go next season.

2 Likes

Based on no more wins I have us 21st.

1 Like

Imagine if we lose both :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

He’d have to go in that scenario, however unfortunate

1 Like

Pomlett said we’re ok.

Lose to Southend, who I think will be more up for this game as they will see it as the last chance saloon . Then we could be in trouble as it will galvanise them giving them hope and a new determination for there remaining games.
Whilst defeat for us it will destroy our already brittle confidence and sink to an all time low .

I know the last few games have been disappointing to say the least, and most of them have been expected, but apart from the Barrow game we have shown promise, i am pretty confident that we will stay up, but it is what we do to address next season that is important now.

4 Likes

Dutton never played for a professional team/efl so how he’s qualified to manage one I’ll never know. I’m convinced more than ever pomlett plan is to relegate us. The writing on the wall

Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we’re going to East-er-leigh, que sera sera.

1 Like

We lose to Southend I think we’re going down tbh

2 Likes

Let’s face it when barrow are beating Cheltenham away we know anything can happen between now and then. Southend fixtures don’t favour them at all imo but when ur fighting at the bottom you get strange results.

What depressed me the most was, I checked the National League table today, probably the first time I have ever done that. I think there are only 5 or 6 new grounds from me if we go down, that’s not a great return for the inconvenience of being a non league club. Still, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Torquay and Stockport are all really really good away days.

1 Like

There were signs in the first half but today we were let down by ill discipline and ■■■■■■■ Bolton, a place we where we never win.

Struggling not to be depressed by it all tbh.

1 Like

Let’s face it ANY game away from the banks’s is a better matchday experience.

4 Likes

True, but there are only so many times you can go to Oldham and be happy about it :rofl:

2 Likes

Back off

2 Likes

Remaining games for Southend is key to this:

Walsall home
Harrogate away
Carlisle home
Morecambe away
Crawley home
Exeter away
Colchester away
Orient home
Barrow away
Newport home

Not the worst run in for them, can see them getting 3 wins and a couple of draws so simply can’t lose on Tuesday.

Don’t think we will go down but it’s getting too close for comfort now how much longer do we think the club will allow this to carry on? A loss Tuesday I think they will act.

1 Like