The Relegation Thread

We lose on Tuesday and I’m not sure how we come back from it.

Our lowest ebb. :man_facepalming:t2:

I’d rather be in our position than Southend’s. We will stay up (still be a completely rubbish season, mind)

7 Likes

Don’t forget Colchester too. They are having a terrible time and we have to go there as well.

1 Like

Think we’ll stay up just, but next season we’ll be in same/worse position unless there is significant change.

How do people not understand that we are gonna get relegated on what evidence??? Last 10 games we are bottom of the form tables with no wins and 4 draws

1 Like

How many points have Southend got from last 10 games out of interest? Remember they have to make up 9 points with the GD.

Obviously theory is blown a bit if they win on Tuesday.

This season imo is very much like 17/18. Mid season then poor run and manager leaves and new manager dosen’t win much but luckily enough points already on the board to scrape home.

12 months later is the warning and same will happen again unless proper decisions and recruitment take place.

1 Like

They have 11 points from the last 10 league games

Southend haven’t won in their last six games. 2 wins in 15. They have to make up 8 points, effectively nine with goal difference. We have a game in hand.

Grimsby haven’t won in seven. One win in the last 17. They have to make up 11 points, effectively 12 with goal difference.

We’re poor, but neither of those teams are showing any indication that they’re capable of closing the gap. The next week will give us an idea whether they might.

Colchester, also below us, haven’t scored a goal in the last five games.

4 Likes

The next managerial appointment may be the most important in the history of the football club. As a fanbase I think that we are pretty accepting and not particularly vocal in our displeasure. But, at least, the next 3 years might be crucial in the future history of our club. Walsall is in my blood, but I’m sure that lots of us are feeling at the lowest ebb in living memory. I’ve been supporting Walsall since '77, but this is the first time that I’ve ever worried about our league status.

3 Likes

O.k so repeating that in final 10 which would be good haul for them would mean they finish on 42 points.

So three draws required to stay up unless Grimsby pretty much win every game (in reality they know they’re down).

We’d be talking about one of the worst managerial reigns in football history if Dutton can’t achieve that.

Southend have 4 points from last 6 games so they’ll need to do better than that in next 6 to have serious chance of staying up.

1 Like

To be safe I reckon 45 points. That’s 2 wins or 1 win and 3 draws for us. That’s got to be doable.

45 points would mean southend would need 5 wins or 4 wins and 3 draws from the last 10 games. That’s not going to happen, unless we set them on the way on Tuesday…

Ditto Grimsby

2 Likes

We’ve had some ■■■■■ managers in my time of supporting the Saddlers, but a 0% win ratio after this many games is probably the worst.

3 Likes

Southend will be gutted today, they are just like us. Going into stoppage time against ten men and couldn’t see a win out. Had they won today we would have been in big trouble as it would have given them momentum as well as the extra 2 points. If we avoid defeat on Tues we should be safe, win and its over.

2 Likes

One win in 16…jesus…sinking like a lead balloon :balloon:

Grimsby have 7 points from the last 10 games.

Incidentally, did you hear one caller on WM wanted Ian Holloway as our manager?.

The same Ian Holloway who left Grimsby adrift at the bottom of the league

:joy:

1 Like

Could well say that the Southend game is the biggest in our history as a football league club given the consequences if we lose .

Last five games. Yes, we are sinking without a trace. Since Christmas more precisely.

That link says Crawley have won 3 and lost 2 of their 5 games

Shockingly bad …Luckily Southend and Grimsby have not picked up to many points or we really would be in deeper trouble