The Relegation Thread

Yep, table has some factual errors (too many pp games probably), but main conclusion stays the same.

1 Like

You should get a job with Vallence and Whitty :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t know context, but no matter where you look, it doesn’t look good.

2 Likes

I have a very bad feeling about this season, keeping Dutton regardless of the nice guy effect appears to be a mistake. Ive said it before it has a Broadhurst feel to the appointment. Im usually the enternal optimist but … I said to exile months ago we need this season canceled and i fear it is even to late for that , i hope like my prediction league form im wrong .

BTW even using the fishy calculator i cant get us in the play offs

Take the positives people

There are lovely tea rooms in and around Altrincham. If you set out a little early for the game there’s a particularly nice on in Tatton Park Gardens and would be a delightful stop off for a few hours for the fans

I think we’ll finish on 42 points (45-48 at most)

Means Southend need to win 4 of their 10 games when they’ve only won 7 all season - tough ask

But the relegation battle to stop in the FL is like no Other just look Back on the drama and things that are at stake

My worry is we have a manager who lacks character, a playing staff who know they won’t be here and do not care and a chairman who cares but has made a series of foolish decisions to put us here

I hope it doesn’t come down to Character and Fight

I’ve had us to finish on 44 points and stay up by 3 points. We lose to Southend on Tuesday, and this will be lowest I have ever seen our club.

2 Likes

Colchester have to play Barrow, Barrow play Port Vale, Colchester play Southend, Walsall play Scunny, Clochester, Southend and Grimsby, Mansfield play Scunny, Oldham play Colchester, Oldham play Grimsby, Grimsby play Port Vale, Barrow play Southend, Mansfield play Port Vale and Oldham in their final two games…

The list isn’t exhaustive, but lots of strugglers are playing others. Lots of points to be dropped by somebody*. I think we will be safe this season, but worry about the next couple of years.

*Yes, I know…us, maybe, before one of you lot mentions it. :grin:

We’ve got Southend and Grimsby as our next two games. It’s going to get a lot clearer after that. A bit of luck in these two would more than eradicate the misfortunes we’ve recently had.

4 points this week and we’re almost safe; 2 would even do.

Next season and the one beyond however, I think we are in big trouble.

2 Likes

We have now gone 10 games without scoring more than 1 goal within each of those 90 minutes.

How we muster up a win is beyond me.

3 Likes

I did the calculator and got us going down on 44 points. Let that sink in… only 5 more points this season :roll_eyes:

What could possibly go wrong?

My first feeling when seeing this thread had been created was a feeling of immense sadness.I feel so low these days I almost feel embarrassed to say I’m a Walsall supporter,I don’t even wear my shirt out and about anymore as bloxwich is all of a sudden full of people walking around home bargains in wolves shirts.The question “what’s happened to your lot?” Rings loud and clear and is a question I’m frankly sick of answering.These players we have barring a couple of them don’t deserve to represent the football team I’ve loved for as long as I can remember and if they take us down I hope they have a good hard look at themselves in the mirror.The next 2 games are massive @Andy_Petterson and we need 4 points minimum in my opinion let’s just hope we can get a win Tuesday night my god do we need one mate.

3 Likes

You’re right, what we can’t have is either of those 2 getting more points than us in either of those games. 2 must not lose games.

I used to live in Altrincham (Alty to the locals) and it is a great little town. There is a real ale bar in the ground too.

I don’t want to play them next season though (unless they get promoted).

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Dont think Saddler’s fans will be interested in real ale bars in the ground whatsoever when tea rooms for tea and tiffin are the current trend with our fanbase

Please get with it

2 Likes

With better game management we could of been 5 points better off, from the last four games. Poss more!
Just need someone with nous to help manage the team. Fingers crossed for a positive week ahead. Then to worry about the bigger picture!

1 Like

Think we are aware that Southend will do the double on us on Tuesday night, that leaves us going to Grimsby on Saturday, from which, if we are lucky, we will get a 1-1 draw. (I know, that’s being optimistic about us actually scoring!) Both are fighting for their EFL lives whilst we are whimpering into gutless acceptance, that, as the form table confirms, we are the worst team in the 4th Division
That will leave us in deep do do’s with Pomlett having to make his decision, does he do as promised, sack Dutton, leaving us completely rudderless without replacement, or will he continue with Dutton? Both decisions confirming our drop into the 5th Division.
Awful, miserable times to be a Walsall supporter, never been so disappointed with life since my first days down at the wonderfully appalling Fellows Park, at least we had a team that we were proud of, no matter how bad they could be, we virtually knew them all, they were such constants in a Walsall shirt, these days I hardly recognise most of the players in our ‘team’.

2 Likes

This is modern football generally and probably related to globalisation. The days of born, live, work, and die in the same town are over. ‘Proper’ league clubs were founded and thrived in that world. It doesn’t translate as well in the 21st century, which I link to their perpetual struggle to survive, if not in league terms then in identity which has to be sold to foreign squillionaires just to compete.

Watching on iFollow is just an imitation of an imitation.

1 Like