The Relegation Thread

We’ve got 2 games on Colchester now too so luckily for us there’s 2-3 worse teams than us this year, and if we don’t sort things out next season we might not be so lucky this time next year.

3 Likes

3-2 now

Obviously not Dutton the Mutton :sheep: already proved when we play teams below us we Play “not to lose” that basically translates to play for the draw

1 Like

Yes. The correct strategy in our position.

1 Like

4-2 :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

I think if we can draw at Colchester next week that will be enough to finish above them.

I love relegation battles because the teams around you often lose.

Makes up for when Burton and Wigan kept winning when I checked back in 2016

1 Like

Finished 5-2 to Oldham. Needless to say their fans aren’t best pleased…

1 Like

My prediction is LDDDLDL for our last seven games.
Your right Andy what a fantastic season.

2 Likes

Win tomorrow and we’re safe

6 Likes

Yep let’s put a lock on this thread mate and never have one named it again :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Which makes the appointment of a good DOF even more important to get us challenging for promotion next season, and if LP is to be believed, to get the investment needed to push us further.

Look forward to you creating ‘The Promotion Thread’ then… and not from the National League!

1 Like

Then unfortunately, you woke up…

Can Dutton find anyone in our entire squad that knows how to score?
I doubt it, I would put Scarr up front, such a move has worked for other teams, why not try it?

Is that because you think he is better off in front of the opposition goal instead of a liability in front of ours? :laughing: :wink:

That would result in us hoofing long hopeless balls from the back. It’s bad enough seeing osadebe and Norman putting in crosses straight to their keeper without adding long balls from the centre backs

Any other guesses then, Rose/Roberts up front?
Our so called forwards don’t understand this strange phenomenon called ‘scoring goals’, they have been shown numerous videos but still can’t grasp it’s meaning…

Southend have 5 games left to make up 10 points to overtake us.
(if they get 9 they’re level on points but with a much worse goal difference)
:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

They’ve only won 8 times in 41 games I’d say they are going to struggle now.

Should be safe now