The Road to Bescot

I just watched that for the first time. Great to see players in action that are talked about on here.

Just from the few clips, David Kelly looked a class above.

1 Like

There’s a bloke we used in Burntwood he transferred my vhs’s from 1994 when we went to ilfracombe on holiday on to DVD they came out fantastic he’s a really nice bloke too ever so helpful would highly recommend.

3 Likes

That’s handy. Did you pick them up when you got back?

4 Likes

Yes mate dropped them off to him and he emailed us when he’d finished I’ll dig out the email address for you and post it for anyone who’s interested does a really good job I was expecting to collect a DVD disc in a cheap clear sleeve but he actually took stills off the VHS and printed them onto the case looked really good.

I get you now sorry been a long week :blush:

4 Likes

:man_facepalming: :joy:

3 Likes

:rofl: ■■■■■■■ nightmare yow lot am the best of it is when we went to ilfracombe for the week with my mom dad and the dog the bloody dog done a runner from us we looked everywhere for him but couldn’t find him you’ll never guess what was outside the front door when we got home?

3 Likes

The milk?

3 Likes

:rofl: yeah 7 bottles of milk I’ll get ya one day…or maybe not

2 Likes

I remember going to Ilfracombe a few years ago, San me mom and dad.
A bastard to get to but worth it, anyway it was our first night and we had had a few.

We were staying in a b&b and about 2.00 am in the morning there was this huge commotion, and we were wondering what was happening? turns out my dad had got up to go for a piddle in the en suite, and mom thought they were still at home, and all you could hear echoing through the guest house was

“NO BOB NOT IN THE WARDROBE AGAIN, PLEASE GET BACK INTO BED”

" SHHHH IRENE WE ARE ON HOLIDAY IN ILFRACOMBE"

NO PLEASE NOT AGAIN WE IT TOOK ME AGES TO GET THE SMELL OUT PLEASE GET INTO BED"

SHHHHH TURN THE LIGHT ON WE ARE IN THE GUEST HOUSE IN ILFRACOMBE"
:joy: :joy: :joy:

We got some funny looks at breakfast :joy:

1 Like

He is a clever lad is our @Belphegor so it will have to be special :wink:

1 Like

Brilliant mate love it :rofl: I remember when we went to Devon Cliffs my uncle Ron who was always winding people up threw a load of bread on top of our caravan and my dad was outside at 5 in the morning running round the caravan in his boxers trying to shoo them off the roof with a tea towel because it woke us all up some of them were the size of a dog :rofl:

3 Likes

:joy:
I hate seagulls i can’t believe they are a protected species :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I remember when we were playing Bristol City a few years ago, we hired an apartment for 2 nights in Bath (a beautiful place) and San had bought me a designer jacket for xmas, so i took it with me, we were walking around looking for somewhere to eat when i felt this almighty thud on my arm? and i mean it was massive, turned out one of the bastards had flew over and dumped on me :joy:.
It took me 20 mins in the bog to wash it off :joy:

1 Like

Anyway you going on about @Belphegor being a clever chap and I agree by the way,sort of going back to the theme of the road to the Bescot thread how long have people been coming on here? I’m 2 years July believe it or not I know that’s not a patch on most but just wondered.

1 Like

You were lucky.I was eating fish and chips whilst on the front at Paignton many years ago when one those birds dumped on my forehead and its droppings ran down behind my glasses!!! I think the name you called them was being kind :wink:

3 Likes

I was at a cricket match many years ago and nothing was happening so I used my binoculars to find a couple of friends who were walking round the ground and as I tracked their progress I saw the one get hit by a big gloop of seagull pooh, it hit him and was such a shock he dropped his ice cream. I had a perfect view it was one of the greatest moments of my life :joy:

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Great post @saddlerken .

Quite sad in many ways. Sad for Walsall. Sad for football. What both have become.

Sometimes I dream of being at Fellows Park. They’re the best dreams.

The road to Bescot. The beginning of the end.

7 Likes

I still do it mate and I went there 3 years ago hadn’t been for years the kids loved it still full of rabbits lol :rofl:

1 Like

We loved it there mate I’m sure it was the year Diana died last time I went there and I forgot about the rabbits I use to look out the window just after sunrise and there were loads of them running around happy days!

1 Like