The three Walsall players you most disliked

Will Grigg
Andy Cook
Simon Osborn/Osborne/Osbourn/Osbourne

Ngoo he come across as big time Charlie.
Manset, worked hard to get a contract then laughed at us.
Brandy, cheating little shit who jumped ship after we rescued him.

Dean Peer?

Tell you what if we had 11 who worked as hard as he did we would do ok.

Scored 5 goals in 2 games.

Also remember him having a shot blocked then 10 secs later making a goal saving last ditch tackle.

2 Likes

I remember at Crewe, Smith subbed Brandy to a standing ovation. It appeared Smith was telling him to take notice of the adulation from the away following. We rescued him from living on a mates sofa - he owed us another season. As it worked out, his agent cocked up his career chasing the dollar.

Just an aside. For many years UTS autocorrected Mk R***sā€¦

Obviously we canā€™t any more as it just bolds thingsā€¦

A read of how Ngoos career has gone is well worth a read.

BTEC BALLOTELLI was the phrase I think used

Sure it was on his Wiki

Summed up beautifully

The Ngoo pelanty shambles was comedy gold, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever laughed as much at a football match.

1 Like

Bashing them in net in the Albanian league.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

He was that shit I forgot he even existed.

I think Iā€™ve posted on here before watching him stroll around the pitch at Bradford not even pretending he was interested and just talking to his ex team mates. Most despicable performance Iā€™ve ever seen from anyone in a Walsall shirt - so Iā€™d agree with your choice.

I remember that game. Genuinely the only time Iā€™ve seen a player hide. Like properly.

Bakayaro
The tall stricker that was crap few years back forgot his name.
Paul Hall run run oh sugar no more pitch, couldnā€™t cross a ball.

Mansett?

Not sure that narrows it down too much :grinning:

1 Like

We have had several. :grin:

But were any as bad as Kevin Francis? Didnā€™t play for us but has played against - and he was truly awful. :see_no_evil: 6 foot 7 standing up yet only 5 foot 11 when jumping for a header. :rofl:

That was probably Steve, the US golfer.

4 Likes

Similar era, and also played for Blues, but not at the same time as Big Kev, was Mark Sale. Remember him? Bambi on ice, couldnā€™t trap a bag of cement, played against us a few times, Torquay and Colchester is who I remember him playing for, but I think there might have been others.
There was a time you could rely on almost anyone over six foot one inch being crap and having no skill at all, but now you get the likes of Zlatan being brilliant and tall.

I think Kev Francis was hopeless everywhere but had been really good at Stockport. They used to like a tall striker up there, Big Bad Brett was great for them as well.

1 Like

I remember John Gayle playing for us in the 90s he was a big lad as well.

I remember him kicking Jimmy in the head at Northampton over Xmas 1997. I think thatā€™s the longest injury time at any game Iā€™ve attended. In the end he had to go off because they couldnā€™t stop the bleeding, and Marshy went in goal.
I thought it was quite deliberate, I was on the front row just a few yards way, he went for the ball quite fairly, then there was a second movement to kick him in the head.

3 Likes