The View from the Other Side - Barrow - 16/08/22

Not that much in it then :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My favourite one of the 3 so far. Proper rattled a few. Even though they’re just backing their team the same as we would and do!

3 Likes

Nah. Not often I’d go into a game with a genuine prediction of 4-0 to be honest.

1 Like

I would. Tonight being one of them, so there’s an 8 goal swing between me and them :joy:

That said, they mentioned it was their heart talking and not their head. At least the head gives us a goal :smile:

Each to their own like, but less than half of us have predicted us to with the game by any margin …

I think that WE would be a bit more realistic in our predictions :wink:
He is either deluded or just taking the piss :laughing:

2 Likes

Just arrived for my 1st visit to barrow fc
Duke of edinburgh hotel 1st pit stop.
2-1 win prediction for walsall tonight.

2 Likes

Not 1-4 to the Saddlers? :grin: :wink:

7-0 Walsall

3 Likes

I think the score will be a repeat of that from 1933-34 season, Barrow 5 Walsall 5.
That season Barrow scored 116 goals and conceded 94.
We only scored 97 goals, but let in just 60, which gave us the third best defensive record in the division.
Only 42 games then as well, none of this 46 game nonsense.
Those were the days!

1 Like

Did you go? :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, should have won. Their fifth was offside and the fourth was never their throw in during the build up.
The charabanc took for ever to get us back home afterwards though, big hold up on the turnpike at Tewitfield.

3 Likes

That prediction is copyrighted.

You’ll have a Big Baz beating :grin:

2 Likes

What were the offside rules back then? :joy:

Level was offside. It changed about 40 years ago.

1 Like

If the wing-half passed to the schemer who was behind the stopper when he received the ball and only the custodian was between him and the goal, then it was counted as offside.

1 Like

It was offside- problem was we had to wait 5 days for the films to be developed by Truprint before the ref could consult VAR and give his decision.

3 Likes

Not looking so stupid now is he. Oh dear.

3 Likes

Look at the faces of the poor traveling saddler fans :fearful:

I am glad no one i know has put a wedge on us getting promoted :grimacing:

2 Likes