The View from the Other Side - Barrow - 16/08/22

I heard 2 and a bit. The “bit” was apparently on a good day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

There’s a couple of idiots on their forum who said we were making it up to distract from the result, but to be fair, many of their fans have been very critical of the offenders and been sympathetic to Ryan’s family.
What really made my piss boil was their official press release after the game. There was no apology, no sympathy, no personal feel to the statement. They referred to the chanting as “derogatory”. Derogatory is a word used to describe someone bitching about someone’s weight or fashion sense. It’s a totally inappropriate word to describe the callousness of the chanting.
Then to rub salt into the wounds, one of their officials writes an open letter to their fans congratulating them on their support against Walsall. It wouldn’t have hurt for him to add a couple of sentences condemning the cretins, and offering some apology. Instead the whole incident will fester til they visit us for the return fixture and there’ll be some more unsavoury behaviour as a result.

8 Likes

Already hearing about temperatures rising in advance of them coming, not surprised. Totally agree and sad thing is none of the no marks wearing £15 fake stone island shirts who were singing it will come. The situation needs defusing and Barrow AFC have done nothing to do that, in fact their pathetic responses have done the opposite.

6 Likes

They wont be at the return fixture though will they (sadly). Laughing it up in Barrow as their club supports them.

As Wet as the Northumberland rain.

2 Likes

Other Barrow fans have messaged me saying the so called TMF don’t travel outside the north west, so unlikely they will come to ours. Unfortunately that means decent Barrow fans might get the reaction for something they also find abhorrent

1 Like

Reap what you sow unfortunately. That’s goes for us as well as them.

The latest post on their twitter bumming up the fans says a lot about them as a club. Timed worse than a nuclear bomb. They know what they are doing, and that says it all.

Sadly i see vast amount of them defending it.

4 Likes

If you look at their goals, there are a number of stewards standing in or next to the bit when the low lives were singing. HOW DIFFICULT CAN IT BE to identify a few morons singing in an end with such a pitiful amount of home fans in it?

2 Likes

Prosecution is sadly difficult these days,

Unless you sneak a bottle top into the football… Ol’ Polis are not interested unless it fits their agenda.

TMF? whats that mate

‘The Mindless Few’ - group of Barrow fans.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barrow/16453204.barrow-football-hooligan-mocks-judge-who-banned-him-for-three-years/

Just had following message from “our bluebirds fly” who did the pre-match thins with @RobHarv3y Can’t fault anything he says here. Hope his club take the appropriate action

Hi Neil, I will look at this tomorrow.

I Didn’t have any knowledge of Ryan Harvey sadly.

It was truly awful what happened to him in Blackpool. My thoughts go out to all his family, friends and the many Walsall fans connected to him.

I like to think of fans as a healthy football rivalry, banter and in incidents such as what happened to Ryan in Blackpool, we are a football family. We should come together to mourn a tragic loss of a young life.

I didn’t hear the chanting, I’ve listened to a clip and it clearly is saying in a box, possibly Ryan in a box. This has no place in football, I think any chanting is this manner is sickening. On behalf of the few that did this, I apologise. I don’t know them and I don’t want that element part of the football club I love and have supported for many years.

I don’t speak for the club. The club from my experience are a good club with good owners and a majority fanbase that hold true to the club, community and family values.

I know that more camera have recently been installed and I hope that they may have captured this. For any Barrow fans who see this, and I don’t mean the minority who may shout the loudest or be involved, I mean those good fans that may have been close to this, please of you heard and in particular may witnessed this please report to the club, the police or anonymously via crime stoppers.

I speak for three current generations connected to my account, I also know how decent many fans are, and as human beings would be appalled by any chanting of this nature. Many will have children, or know people similar to Ryan’s age of 22.

There has been talk on social media that some of the chanting has come from ‘young idiots’. I will never condone upsetting and distressing behaviour, chanting. Not any racism or any discrimination. This can and should be reported by clubs up and down the company so we can eradicate this element from what should be passionate and genuine fans that support the ethos of their clubs playing a role in our communities and leading by example. This goes for the minority at any club, adults and/or youths, some who are conducting themselves in a manner that has no place.

At Barrow, as there will be at every league club across the country, the vast majority are fans of all ages, from 4yrs, to 17 to 80+ who enjoy watching and supporting their teams with passion and enthusiasm but in a manner that is acceptable to all.

I travel to some away games, as many do with my family. There are many families and conduct should be that that it encourages future fans and is a safe environment for them to grow as fans of the best sport on the earth.

Hope this helps you understand a viewpoint of a season ticket holder and bluebird trust member with my young son, who also attends with my dad, his grandad who is in his seventies.

9 Likes

He also posted this after the suicide of the young lad who recently took his life :sweat:
Thoughts with the family, friends of 25year old fan of the

@WFCOfficial

, who sadly died earlier this week. Please, anyone who is struggling, support is available. Fans of all clubs, keep on promoting and spreading positive #mentalhealth, and where to find support. #BarrowAFC

1 Like

Had long chat with him, proper decent lad. Hopefully his club step up to the plate and ban the scum.

4 Likes

Hard life up there.

Vile little club. These low lives clearly have nothing going for them in life and it takes something like what they done to get some attention and feel relevant for a short while.

1 Like

Bans have been issued by Barrow.

12 Likes

Well done Barrow. Emotions are running high, understandably, but Barrow had to carry out proper investigation and have seemingly taken prompt action.

In terms of the chairman communication, it was ill-timed and ill thought out - reminiscent of a certain chairman in the Bescot area perhaps?!

7 Likes

:clap::clap::clap:

Great to see, shame there’s still a few keyboard warriors on their twitter post giving it some but that is the problem with social media when these types can hide, but for now that can draw a line under it and see if the rest turn up in March.

8 Likes

Exactly. Out of the fair few I’ve seen giving it, there’s only 1 or 2 I’ve seen with pictures of themselves. Like you say, we’ll see come March but I fully expect them to bring up less than we did when it was a Tuesday night and we won’t see or hear a peep out of them.

3 Likes

Credit where it’s due so well done to Barrow and to many of their fans who have condemned these morons. I hope it defuses any potential issues at the return match and I for one will be happy to welcome decent Barrow fans at the Railway same as decent fans of other clubs are #FootballFamily

11 Likes