Third round draw

I never get what i wish for so Stevenage away please :grin:

3 Likes

Some fans were embarrassing on WM last night.

We want Dingles x4 or 5 callers.

Obsessed.

Why would we want them when we can get Man U , liverpool Newcastle etc?

P.s I bet the guy presenting the show got a telling off because he called Wolves The Dingles twice.

1 Like

Just for you Chunk :smiley:

3 Likes

Dont want the dingles or vile the gloating would be unbearable.

1 Like

Forest, given how things used to go when we played them regularly a few years back now.
UTS

I wouldn’t gloat that bad :smile:

2 Likes

Liverpool or Spurs or Man City please

But we all know it’ll be some sh*te away

Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle or Spurs away or Dagenham/Gillingham at home.

Would love Everton up here. Last chance for us to see Walsall at a famously traditional ground. You’d all be welcome round ours for bacon sarnies beforehand.

Failing that, Newcastle, Spurs, Chelsea or Arsenal away would be nice but the current train situation is a worry in terms of making it a proper day out.

The only upside of a Villa or a Wolves at home would be the probability of a telly windfall.

The most ideal would be a chance to progress, grab more prize money and save the big pay day for the 4th or 5th round.

4 Likes

54 at home and a very real chance of reaching the 4th round for the first time in a long, long while. Imagine the publicity if we could then sneak our way past someone from league one or the championship in the 4th.

I’d like the Wolves at Home, I’m not obsessed with them but I see them as a Premier League team we would have a chance against, it would be a full house, might be on the Tele for more spondulicks, and then we could have a crack at one of the glamour boys in the 4th. Saints, Florist and Dirty Leeds we might also have a chance of winning, at Home anyway.

1 Like

Not for me. Last time we played them at our place it all got quite ugly. They bring out the worst in us. I can’t stand the sight of them - in many ways I hope we never play them again.

8 Likes

I dont want Wolves or Albion. Visited those clubs in our suuccessful period where we had those 3 seasons in the championship in the early 2000s. AND we turned them over such was the quality we had back then. Now is different so im not up for a Midlands pounding. For that day out type fixture Liverpool or Chelsea would be nice

2 Likes

I dont want a local derby, not when we’re still in division 4. We might be better than we have been for a while but that gap between us and the Championship is too big a gap to hope to avoid a potential battering. Its not so bad when the opponent isnt on your doorstep. I appreciate this post is very negative :joy:

2 Likes

Went to Badison once, sat in the Gwladys with an Everton supporting mate, was not impressed with the atmosphere at all.

2 Likes

That’s pretty much how it usually is. They don’t do much singing at all. On the rare occasion I’ve been there and it has been rocking it tends to manifest in more of a continuous roar than singing.

Any EPL side we drew away wouldn’t be “up” for a game against us unfortunately. For me, it would be more about seeing Walsall at a new ground. Been to Goodieon loads and went to White Hart Lane with Blues in 1980 (Keith bertschin scored for blues whilst we drew against Aldershot on the same day).

Its not negative. We are low down the football pryamid so no enjoyment taking a battering from Wolves, West Brom, Blues etc especially for the older cronies like me where at worst we gave those lot one hell of a game or at best we beat them.

1 Like

Bournemouth away…10 mins from me!

Shrews at home, nice easy one to the 4th round! :wink:

Number 3 for me please at their place

Any non midland Premier team here…a definite TV game and a very slight chance of a win. If not at Home then Newcastle or Everton away. Probably be Hartlepool or Grimsby away knowing our luck!!

1 Like