Third round draw

Of the 64 teams… 44 are ‘bigger’ teams from premier league.or championship.

So we have. 69% chance of drawing either a champ or premier league team, or almost a 1 in 3 change of just drawing a premier league team.

I think I heard that the draw is coming from Anfield tomorrow night.It’s all set up nicely :wink:

If it’s a Prem away I’d go for Newcastle as have never been there. Think it will be away at Fleetwood.

2 Likes

So many potential good ties in there. Saw Chelsea in the cup a few years back so would like an away tie this time if it’s a prem team.

I wouldn’t be against playing a non prem team that hasn’t been a fixture for over 20 years home or away, someone like Blues would be an exciting tie or Derby (although based on that first half they’re going out).

Probably easier to do a list of ties that would be Reading lite from 2016;

Bristol City. Were playing them regularly a decade ago and sort that would be lost infront of 4k at Bescot.

Huddersfield, luton, Hull etc. Similar.

Reading…

Actually got a feeling of Forest home or away. Haven’t played them for a while and historically good record. Compared to last year FA cup would be very low priority for them aswell so decent chance of a shock.

1 Like

I think he feels he can because doesn’t he admit to being a Dingle ?

1 Like

Got the bus back into Walsall after the game due to the strikes and was even worse on the 45…“yeah let’s play Sloppies or Coventry.”

I get they’re local teams and certainly having Cov here and their 3-4k fans would add spice but it just wouldn’t interest me.

Played both endless times in last decade so it’s not really a novelty as playing Derby, West Brom or Birmingham would be and nothing worse than having the great comeback yesterday to finally make 3rd round again to meekly lose away at Shrewsbury.

When was the last time we were in the 3rd round please?

This draw could hugely influence that January window.

1 Like

It was only actually 4 years ago but drew Bolton away and got hammered just as Keates was starting to lose control over things.

Also played in 2016 and drawing Brenford away just after DS had gone there to add a bit more spice to what would’ve been a mundane fixture. O’Driscoll’s finest moment in a very forgettable tenure.

2 Likes

Liverpool Man city Man united Arsenal Newcastle any of them home or away.

One of either an easy passage into the forth round or a guaranteed pay day from a Premiershite team (home or away).

1 Like

Surprised by that. Had assumed it was much longer we’ve been so bad in cups.

That Bolton game was dreadful

Most of them are that. Even half the Premier League we’ve played in the league in the last 15-20 years. Bournemouth, Brighton, Brentford…? No thanks.

Question if we did have a big draw and made some money would we even see it?
I haven’t seen any of the Rico , deeney adebayo money have you ? X

Brighton at Amex would be decent (albeit a nightmare to get to if the January train strike goes ahead). Less so at Bescot (infact weren’t they the tie before Chelsea in the league cup run in 2015?).

1 Like

Yes if DJ is signed on a two and a half year deal at any point in the month. And Monthe gets a new deal.

One not to like, FGR, away. That said, it’s bound to be on TV.

Like most others, I’d love a Prem money spinner away. Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle, Vile, City (although fans tend not to turn up at the Emptyad). My favourite would be Arsenal having never been to the Emirates but have seen us at Highbury twice. Hate it to be Southampton or Brighton or Crystal Palace

If it’s a Championship club, a trip to the seaside would be good and Blackpool can accommodate 4k of us, or Stoke. Hate it to be Millwall or Reading (again)

Of the rest - one we might win (wherever that is). Hate it to be Barnsley or FGR (although that would be winnable).

It’ll be rigged for Wrexham

2 Likes

My grandson’s first football match. His mother is a saddler but his father has a season ticket at Elland road & what with his primary school, it’s an uphill battle. I’ll settle for walsall being his 2nd team & the hope that he’ll accompany his grandad to one or two!

3 Likes

I’ve never been to White Hart Lane so Spurs away would be great for me.

2 Likes