Training pitches

They used to train regularly at Stuart Bathurst in the mid 80s. Okelly would often bring tickets in for us.

1 Like

Didn’t know you were a left-footer Paul?

Yeah but they pay a fee.

1 Like

Comfortable with both feet now though Andy.

1 Like

The youth team still train on that ground opposite the allotment in Delves, why cant they use that? Its a pretty big piece of land.

I can’t believe that our state of the art training ground, the jewel in our crown, where it was stated that bonzo invested a lot of our money in, is now redundant and unusable?

Training grounds these days are expected to be as good if not better than the actual Stadium pitch so unfortunately non of the options mentioned above will be deemed good enough.

What about Pleck park (if they don’t mind stepping in the dog ■■■■ :joy:)?

latviancheese

The youth team still train on that ground opposite the allotment in Delves, why cant they use that? Its a pretty big piece of land

Not now they don’t. It is the sports field of Blue Coat Academy and it is used (and partly maintained) by the Development Section of Rushall Olympic F.C.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but we have been at Essington since 2008 and this is the first I have heard about flooding issues.

Remember the April fools on here where it was announced the ground was moving to Essington?

Reeled in some whoppers that did!:joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

For me the proper training pitch… this picture from the 1966-7 season at Broadway West playing fields right next door to Fellows Park.

1 Like

Could always train on Delves Common.

Admittedly they’d have to dodge the dog ■■■■ and the broken glass, but it would get them ready for Vale Park next month.

1 Like

Did someone leave the sprinklers on?

How much will it need to get it into a useable state? What on earth is wrong with it?

In the late 1970s, they used to train at Manor Farm Comp.

1 Like

What’s the problem? We’ve been winning and improved our performances in the last few weeks so I’m all for the training pitch being waterlogged, in fact if they need any volunteers to keep hosing the pitches down, I’m ya man, happy to help🤗

3 Likes

I heard we paid £800.00 for training ground ,did we not do our homework when buying it

Silverdale also known for being waterlogged mate lol

1 Like

the training ground is actually owned by Essington council. The club lease it from them.

1 Like