Tranmere Away

When do you think they’ll go on sale then ?, we have one home game next week, when they MIGHT open a window, we have 2 weeks before we play Tranmere, one week before we play Cheltenham ( in a friendly ), and still no announcement of when they go on sale, no announcement on how things might be going forward for purchasing away tickets, NOTHING, are we supposed to guess and we will purchase them without a window open ?

1 Like

As I said Rob earlier ticket office just informed me it’ll be next week now .

1 Like

To be fair, Tranmere aren’t selling tickets for our game to their fans yet either - just Sunderland available on their ticket site.

Cheltenham though I can’t understand as they have put home tickets on sale since Monday and have said they’re ready to send away ones to our ticket office but are still waiting for them to confirm.

I have no idea when they will go on sale, but it’s a fair point that they could at least put out a short update, even if its a ‘holding message’ if they don’t yet know the exact details of on-sale dates for each game.

It’s really shit communication isn’t it!

I suspect the club is making tough calls at a tough time.

With few staff, the number one priority just now will be season tickets. That is good, chunky revenue that all goes to Walsall FC.

Unlike the Cheltenham and Tranmere tickets where the vast vast majority of money goes to the host club.

The one thing the club could do is just tell us. If it is ST for the next day and nothing else then Cheltenham and Tranmere tickets thereafter with a bit of an apology I think 99.9% would be happy.

1 Like

Some fans do like to make travel arrangements for their away games, so some information would be helpful, it’s guess work at the minute. Supporters are doing the ticket office work by purchasing season tickets online they ain’t having to do anything really.

2 Likes

The person at the club whose job it is to monitor this site for all the reasonable observations made on it must be off self isolating , thus explaining their seeming unawareness of concerns.

Someone I know has just phoned tranmere ticket office and asked about tickets…

2nd August he was told, same week as the game

I’m not knocking the staff - have commented before on their dedication, hard work and helpfulness, and they are indeed short handed (due at least in part to Laura, the usual ticket office manager, being off), but if they are struggling to cope with demand then it’s up to the higher management within the club to sort something out and get extra resources (including themselves) allocated from elsewhere to help out, or put in place some contingency plans.

If the contingency plan is “concentrate on STs and we’ll leave everything else until after Fast Track has finished” then fine - don’t have a problem. As you say though, communication (which can be done without disturbing the ticket office staff’s work) should be better about what’s going on.

1 Like

Surely when isolating you can deal with emails and phone calls from home, eg, working from home. My daughter still worked from home when she was isolating. Obviously if the staff are ill then that is a different matter and you wouldn’t expect them to work.

If the case, I hope the club will be geared up for big demand so close to the game!

Exactly queues across the car park, IF they can be bothered to open a window

Depends if the club have provided them the equipment to do so.

2 Likes

If that really is the case, I’d guess it would be Tranmere waiting on confirmation that away fans will be allowed in for competitive games from the start of the season (it has been mentioned elsewhere on here that there might be some doubt over that). Although since @RobHarv3y was told the plan was for them to go on sale today (echoing the tweet @geordiesaddler had back from Tranmere) it does seem strange that the situation has changed more or less overnight.

This away game had huge potential, unfortunately it’s not looking that way now!

Is there any suggestion that we won’t be allowed to attend for some reason, or is it just the timing of the release of tickets that is in question?

I think it’s clear that there is some sort of issue with attendance, what that is I don’t know.

Not sure if anyone is self-isolating in the ticket office. Shop yes, but not been mentioned about the ticket office.

The current acting TO manager is providing maternity cover so must be the reason Laura is not there. Not sure if she’s an extra body brought in or an existing staff member stepping up.

A lot of the their work could be done remotely without needing to be present in the office (dealing with general queries, ST sales, and eTicket purchases), but they probably do need to be physically there for paper ticket sales and posting things out. And of course if they are doing window sales.

There’s absolutely no legal reason we can’t attend it’s obviously Walsall or Tranmere or both messing around it must be the new normal people are talking about why can’t I go and get a prescription at the GP anymore same as I did before why are some pub’s insisting on table service only people have gone bone idle the last 18 months, I’d like to hear Pomlett explain what’s going on