Tranmere Away

This is definitely not Walsall FC’s fault, I suspect every club in the EFL is awaiting news on if there will be any restrictions in terms of the possibilities of having to be double jabbed or provide a negative test. If that is the case, it’s only fair to state this when tickets go on sale and will cause havoc if announced after ticket sales. As far as I can see no club is selling any tickets for any league games yet (STs aside).

Then why are 2,000 + Sunderland fans going to Tranmere for a friendly.
Why have Birmingham city fans been told they can pay on the gate Tommora at Northampton.

Because they are not EFL competitions.

Who are the EFL then the new law maker’s of 2021

Community shield has been granted full attendance, same weekend.

That’s interesting, but virtually unfettered access to friendlies is ok! What a mess. So we’re now buying season tickets which may result in us getting our names on shirts for a further season depending on whims.

2 Likes

I understand why there might be an issue and don’t blame either Tranmere or our club if that is what’s behind the delay. But nothing has put out by either club or the EFL (who I’d say were better placed if it affects all clubs) explaining the situation, and more than one source has been told that they were on the brink of going on sale.

And it doesn’t cover Cheltenham who are gearing up to have both home and away fans in jabbed or not.

1 Like

Yes exactly so 90,000 fans from all over the land are going to a game .
We can quite obviously take our 800-1200 to Tranmere so who’s messing around with the release of the tickets and why aren’t we being told either way I suspect it’s our end unfortunately remember we are the club who has had the club shop shut for a week at the busiest time of the year to purchase items from it

Yes you are right there, some communication even if it’s just a “we’re waiting for x y or z” would be helpful.

As i’ve said before ticket office open hours 9 till 3, if theses Tranmere tickets go on sale in the week of the game, how on earth are people at work supposed to purchase them, some explanation from the club should of been put on the website by now.

Well they’ll be pushing you to use the online system instead. Which is not a bad thing - except for the £1.25 per ticket surcharge to fill Tiecketmaster’s pockets (have I mentioned that before? :rofl:)

Not on sale during office hours then, so either you have to use the rob dog online system or (if you can’t/won’t use it) wait until Monday when you can phone - if there are any tickets left by then.

Hope this isn’t going to be the blueprint for every other game …

On sale from 3, wow, ticket office shut’s 3, not open all weekend, supporters doing their job again

https://twitter.com/TranmereRovers/status/1418523661859004417?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I have a feeling there’s going to be no pay on the day :joy:

What a world we live in.

No pay on the day at a 50% full stadium what a joke , What is the problem in having people pay in the gate anyway at our level has anyone actually explained why these new ideas seem to have come about now is it because people on furlough have been twiddling their thumbs for month’s thinking of new ways to “improve” our day’s out

Cheltenham tickets where do we collect from does anybody know

The moves towards cashless society and basically coralling everything through the smartphone that were trundling along before covid have been turbocharged while we were all sitting watching crappy i follow footage. There will be profit for big business along the line as we are seeing with the booking fees, they’ve got their finger in the pie of every simple, basic activity from someone ordering from the local chippy to popping down the match. Personally I detest it, others don’t - and I get that. To me none of this technology makes anything simpler or better. If you’ve got to do an instructional video to show Tranmere fans how to buy tickets for 4th division football that just about says it all!

6 Likes

The cashless argument does not wash in this case - most people pay for their “on the day” tickets with a card anyway.

I would assume from the ticket office window - not sure when that will be open next week, but I expect it will be on Tuesday night before the Albion game. Although if you are going to pick it up in person rather than get it posted (for an extra £1 on top of the £1.25), then why not pay for it at the window too and save the booking fee? The only danger is if we do sell out the allocation before then.