Tranmere Away

No problem with the use of technology as long as it works , I’m now waiting on a call back about my 4 season tickets.

And all this booking history nonsense needs to be scraped, unless it’s a huge game.

Noted that tickets are only going to those with booking history on Tuesday, so again we will be out numbered in our own ground :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Information and communication is key and we are getting non of that from the ticket office

Surely the club has access to laptops and mobiles. If not they need to invest in some. Teachers used their own mobiles when teaching from home, just made sure their number was not visible when calling parents.

1 Like

It is definitely a jump too far.

If you want to go cashless then the next move had to be the facilitation of card payments - even if contactless.

As adult humans we tend not to like change. But most technology change over the last century has made our lives easier and more convenient. This feels harder and less convenient just now.

I don’t mind the season ticket switch - makes sense. And being able to download a ticket onto your phone is actually easier and more convenient for many. But hidden costs and a complete lack of a support infrastructure (soft phones and lap tops are dead easy to provide to home working staff) mean that it is becoming obvious that we are attempting to go from crawling to running without the necessary development journey in between.

5 Likes

Laura is on maternity leave.

Surely they have someone to fill the role during this time.

Yes, they do. There’s a lady providing maternity cover. I was just responding to the assertion that the poor service is due to staff isolating at home and that those isolating “haven’t been given equipment”

1 Like

Two weeks today isn’t it? And 4 weeks since the fixtures were announced.

My piss is just starting to simmer.

Normally by now I’d have everything booked and be counting down the days, especially after what’s gone on in the last 18 months.
Incredibly, and genuinely to my own surprise I’m actually losing enthusiasm for the Tranmere trip. Partly because I’m pig sick of all this insane covid hoop jumping, or in my case putting in the effort to avoid the hoops, and partly because I thought clubs at our level were itching to get fans back and would do anything and everything to make sure we are.

This doesn’t feel like that at all. It actually feels like they are scared to make a decision, even something as simple as announcing ticket arrangements. So I’m starting to get a nagging “if they can’t be bothered why should I” feeling. I absolutely don’t want to feel like that, but they better get their fingers out and get some tickets on sale soon, and I’m sorry but if this is how things are going to be its just crap, simple as.

4 Likes

Would get my Cheltenham tickets if the price for kids was right on website - showing as £12 despite it now being 24 hours since someone first pointed out the error.

Why we are moving to all this cashless bollocks now when people have got to get used to being back at the game is beyond me!

1 Like

My train tickets have now gone up £30.
Have just about decided now not going, another day’s holiday wasted, another bad mood for no reason whatsoever.
Can’t be bothered with anymore of this covid bullshit.
Anything that’s potentially fun or enjoyable they’ve got to just disrupt or ruin it.

6 Likes

Shit ain’t it mate. Why has neither club made any statement, even just to say what the delay is. There’s 5 of us going and was looking to get on the coach with ISSA but there’s only 1 spot left. I’m not bothering with trains with how much they’re going to cost so that leaves 1 of us driving and not being able to drink. Kills the day completely. Been dealt with so poorly from both sides, even if it is Tranmere’s fault, an update from Walsall to our supporters would’ve been nice.

1 Like

The silence is deafening why get supporters backs up. Tell us what the delay is and whilst your at it tell us the Injury situation with Holden and earring please.

Not sure what trains your looking at but split the fair and go direct from Smethwick Galton Bridge 12.10 arrive Liverpool Lime St 13.41. Less than 30 quid

Last time I checked he lived in the North East.

Ha ha. That explains it then

1 Like

Top end for me was £100 to travel between two cities in the North.

I thought take it easy, just get up in the middle of the night and get down to Carlisle, whereupon I’'d found a way of doing it for £45. Early start but doable and worth it to see my mates and see the Saddlers on the opening day which I particularly love and never miss, would have been on the Wirral for mid-day, lovely. Couldn’t give a monkeys about getting back so long as I get home, as I’ll be asleep anyway.
Now its £77 for what I could have booked yesterday for £45.
And yesterday would have been bad enough to release the tickets, this is pathetic on behalf of whoever is causing the problems. Be it the EFL, or the clubs themselves. They faux moan on behalf of the fans when the TV people disrupt and cause uncertainty.

Yeah :joy:

I live in Whitley Bay, Ten miles East and slightly north of Newcastle.

Bumped into a group on Albion fans yesterday with my new top on, they were on some Harley Davison 500 mile thing, nice lads. One of them was from Smethwick.

ive made it clear i love cashless.

But the lack of movement despite some very outward criticism is poor. We clearly don’t have a young fanbase, like it or not, and we are just alienating some at this point.

5 Likes

Utter lunacy this nonsense is putting people off and losing the club revenue.

Fine with cashless but not a fan of downloading your ticket… I like my tickets like I like my music, being able to hold it physically ! :laughing:

2 Likes

Just as an aside to this issue (and I haven’t checked it out), I saw a Pompey fan yesterday saying that they have still made no announcement about selling season tickets!