Tranmere Rovers (A) December 5th, 3pm

She would probably be right.

1 Like

6-0. Hat tricks to Ferrier and Morris, who then get sent off for over-celebrating. Nobody can find the empty net as Tranmere adopt a rush back formation for the second half.

1 Like

Another tough game.
We’ve rarely played well for 2 halves this season, so we’re likely to go to Merseyside and win. I’m not predicting that but one never knows which Walsall side will show up.
I hope we don’t resort to hoof ball (Scarr is the worst culprit) because none of us want to see that style of play, neither does DC I suspect.
We need a Newport type of performance if we’re to get anything out of the game.

Morris is playing well just hope he does not score but we all know ex players or even loan players score see this week…Ferrier has been out for most of the last year but has been on the bench as late so could also be a ex scorer not looking good but you know the Saddlers when the going get tough we win .Prediction a 2-1 to us but it could be 0-4… UTS.

The only reason Scarr is the worst culprit is because the midfielders keep taking the easy way out (or they haven’t got enough creativity)and pass back to either Scarr or Roberts who then kick it aimlessly forward,and not surprisingly it comes straight back.

3 Likes

Making progress? Are you on the wind up?

Progress, but small one. Should be better now, because it’s easier to build a team not to lose. Stop giving cheap goals would help too.

One thing I hadn’t thought of, they will have fans tomorrow. I do kind of wonder how you can argue it’s a level playing field when some clubs are allowed fans and some aren’t

Hopefully we will have Holden, Gordon, Adebayo and Wes starting. In otherwords a threat up front.

If so, 1-2 to saddlers

1 Like

Cambridge lost 1 nil to Mansfield and Shrewsbury conceded a 95th minute equaliser to Accrington, both in front of their fans midweek. Admittedly Carlise & Luton won their games. I don’t know whether the statistics show that games without fans have produced fewer home wins than normal or not.
I think that given some of our current mishaps this might be one of our lesser problems!
Perhaps it will be 1999 Tranmere fans and @P.T?

Agrree and although I like him Kinsella he is the worst culprit. I understand he is not and never will be the most creative player.All he does when he gets the ball is look for the easy option and get rid as soon as possible. Just wish he would get his head up and look for a more positive pass now and again.

1 Like

That’s too small a sample size. Generally, through history, home teams have favourable results to away teams. There has to be something in a home crowd.

That said I didn’t say it was our main issue. He will be stood on the side picking the bones out of stuff.

Wasn’t meant to be a statistical certainty! I won’t be producing any graphs etc. I agree about the statistical home advantage but whether this is due to the crowd, the referee or the inferior mindset of the away side, I’m not sure? Obviously at Fortress Bescot it’s a combination of all three!

1 Like

Lucky Tranmere and their 2k fans wont be needing my tenner this weekend. Giving this one a miss.

2 Likes

You never know these days :wink:

2 Likes

el_nombre
One thing I hadn’t thought of, they will have fans tomorrow. I do kind of wonder how you can argue it’s a level playing field when some clubs are allowed fans and some aren’t.

I’m afraid Boris is responsible for that, the government defined the categories.
It will be nice to see some bums in seats…at last.

That sounds an interesting concept. Would we be allowed to try that as well? :smile:

2 Likes

Most of the time we will be passing to their players as well…

1 Like

Be nice wouldn’t it mate even kids can pass a ball once you get past the part when they all flock towards the ball like sheep my nephew plays he’s only 5 and it’s so funny watching them all running round kicking crap out of each other as they try and kick the ball :rofl:.

1 Like

You SURE you’ve not been watching our fabulous attacking force?