Tranmere Rovers (A) December 5th, 3pm

1-0 Scrimaldinho

That sounds an interesting concept. Would we be allowed to try that as well? :smile:

Apparently we’re the first country in the world where this has been approved by the authorities.

Other nations are looking on with interest, to see if we all get turned into shambling zombies.
(or should that be “from”?)

1 Like

Decent team and squad and even better manager - that’s enough about Tranmere !
DC will set us up to stifle them, leading us to a narrow escape draw bore fest I think.

So, Tranmere have not bothered to turn up then, thinking as we gift them our usual goal they needn’t bother, then as luck would have it mini-Boris hits it into the wrong net in a fit of pique after Tinkerman fails to pick his name out of the magic hat!

1 Like

If all these players are fit I would go 4–1-3–2
Rose

Norman
Scarr
Jules
Nurse

Kinsella

McDonald
Guthrie ( never more than 70% fit )
Holden

Adebayo
Gordon

2 Likes

Same for me mate

She would be right

I’d go with something like this with everyone available.

GK Rose
LB Nurse
CB Jules
CB Scarr
RB Norman
CM Guthrie
CM Kinsella
CM Holden (slightly advanced of the other center mids with license to roam)
MR Gordon
ML Mcdonald
ST Adebayo

Mcdonald and especially Gordon should be more like forwards when we have the ball.

2 Likes

Just think we need to start playing Gordon and adebayo up top together they both are not natural goalscores but both have some decent attributes and can cause problems . Whilst also taking a bit of the work load off Elijah who has worked his socks off this season.

1 Like

Tranmere Rovers 4 Walsall 1

The Saddlers stroll out
The pick of the hat
iFollow is down
Thank goodness for that.

Holden back on the right
We let Tranmere score
Can we get a goal back?
I think we’ll need more.

Scarr hoofs the ball forward
He knows not what he’s done
But Elijah is there
And we have our one.

Walsall get to half time
And have a number of shots
Though no more on target
We should have had lots.

60 minutes gone
Five subs join the fray
We then concede three
With incompeteñt play.

Their 2,000 fans
Are making a noise
This puts off our players
Who lose their poise.

Two red cards for Walsall
Sums the whole game up
With Darrell Clarke
We’ve been sold a pup.

DC’s seen on TV
A few seconds on Quest
“They are disappointing players
Who need a long rest.”

We regroup and move on
We play next Tuesday
We’ll beat the Trotters
Rodney and Del, anyway.

12 Likes

Not far off our best 11 , but no chance of it playing , J Clark will play if fit , also i get your idea of Holden being allowed to roam but unless you have a outstanding player which he isn’t (he’s just a bit better than our other midfielders )what happens is the game can just pass them by as they end up just chasing the ball about instead of finding space to play , also of course they need to be given the ball. All the team needs to move the ball quicker and when it goes into the forwards it has to stick , at the moment when the ball is played forward it’s as if it’s been kicked against a brick wall it just bounces back .
We also need more midfield third man running into the box, of course this can only happen if the ball sticks upfront , our midfield just doesn’t score enough goals which is vital especially when your forward players aren’t prolific.
If you can score goals you always have a chance ,

Yeah I get what you are saying regarding Holden completely. When I say roaming, a lot of his roaming should be getting in the box, and possibly beyond the striker at times.

I don’t think we do any work on transitions at all because ours are awful when we lose the ball and even more so when we win it back. It’s a very basic concept that dictates a lot how you play. There is more to a role than just saying someone is playing in a certain position, they should be well drilled about where they are when we don’t have the ball and where they are in certain phases of attacks. Despite the fact one of the positives was we had a settled squad, they often look like they only met that day during games.

Sums us up completely in one sentence…our problem is that we can’t.

Stinkerman to make 6 changes but his side to lose 0-1.

2 Likes

Just watching Reading, it has actually given me a lift seeing fans in the ground.

I daresay Walsall will bring me back down to earth come 5pm :rofl: 1-1

I have decided, against my better judgement, to watch the game today, simply because a mate of mine, a Tranmere fan, has already started chipping away at my soul about the game.

Tranmere are on a wonderful winning streak and it seems likely that they will extend it easily today.

But deep in the back of my heart, I found something that made me choose to fork out a tenner; something called HOPE.

As poorly as Walsall have played this season, wouldn’t it just be typical for us to go to Prenton Park and beat them in front of fans who haven’t been able to see their team? Having struggled to draw against Stevenage, and actually lost to the worst team in our league, Southend, wouldn’t it be just typical of Walsall to end the run of Tranmere Rovers and give me bragging rights?

Watch me eat my words now.

I have predicted that we will lose in the Prediction League, so if the result goes to form it will be a small consolation.

COME ON WALSALL!!!

1 Like

Only gone and bought a match pass!! I promised myself I wouldn’t. :rofl:

2 Likes

Have you signed up for ‘Ifollow Match Pass Anonymous’ yet? I am planning to today after spending my £10. I believe that even their Virtual Meetings are quite therapeutic … listening to all those sad people explaining how they can’t give it up, clinging to their belief that one of these days they will see a brilliant attacking winning performance and how they can’t bear the thought that if they don’t pay then they might miss it. Tragic really.

1 Like

Believe you me if I had something better to do I wouldn’t be watching :wink: