Tranmere starting line up

Rushworth

White Taylor Monthe Ward

Labadie  Kinsella 

Kiernan Holden Osadebe

Wilkinson

Subs: Rose, Menyanese, Mills, Coogan, Perry, Earing, Phillips.

Holden will not start with such a limited pre-season, even if he is fit. Phillips up front and Wilkinson will be one of the nest three.

1 Like

I could be wrong but I’m sure Taylor said something along the lines of they look at a player’s character first. If so I don’t think he would fit the bill.

Rushworth

White Taylor Monthe Ward

Labadie  Kinsella 

Kiernan Osadebe Philips

Wilkinson

Subs: Rose, Menyanese, Mills, Shades, Perry, Earing

Can’t see Willis, Leak or Coogan getting much of a look in especially when Bates and Holden are fit + another signing.

I think MT’s only decision is between Rose and Rushworth.

1 Like

Aren’t you finding it a bit boring that, judging on what we’ve seen so far, it’s 99.9% certain that your prediction will indeed be the favoured starting XI and I expect most people will agree with it? Don’t you hanker for the excitement of the old days when you had more chance of winning the lottery than second guessing the managers team selection and formation? :wink:

3 Likes

Manager said the 1st 11 isn’t decided and players are picked on merit.
Be interesting if we are all wrong but I doubt it
I believe the 1st 11 is as above with only rose/rushworth the choice to make
Be interesting to see if he is willing to drop our bigger names eg labadie Wilkinson if they don’t perform in games or matches as promised

There’s no doubt MT will drop players if they’re not up to his standard. He may speak softly, but he’s also very tough and there’s going to be a certain expectation from the players this season.

I liked the Whitney era where I’d spend the hour between the team being announced & kick off working out how you get 7 defenders on the pitch in a normal formation

3 Likes

Drop osadebe play Perry there and let him become the next Stevie g

I’d agree with that.

I do hope Rushworth starts against Tranmere. We are lucky to have a player with such quality and capability at Walsall, would be a shame to waste him on the bench

1 Like

Agree if he’s good enough he’s old enough. Looks impressive and hasn’t put a foot wrong in pre season.

We have two young lads on man from Premiership clubs, I wouldn’t imagine those clubs being happy if they were bench warmers.
Rushmore to start for me against Tranmere, Shade may get a few minutes off the bench in the second half.

As both keepers have been given the same game time be interesting to know of the 7 goals conceded in pre Season how many did Rushworth let in ?

I suppose that you would have to cross reference that with the defence and midfield in front of them. I think it is a bit more nuanced than just goals conceded.

I did say start with our own in goal against Tranmere but I’m swaying more to start Rushworth in goal from the off.

1 against Palace, 2 against Villa.

Rose let in the others vs Villa and Cheltenham.

1 Like

Rushworth will start IMO. From what I’ve seen, he’s better overall.

2 Likes

Has he done enough to Mount a challenge to Rose?

2 Likes

It could set a president.

6 Likes