Trivela Group Takeover

Looks like we are their first investment, well in their site.

I can hear it now…"Moneybags Walsall":grin:

Our new chairman. Wonder when we will get the first Boycast :joy:

I know Pombear has made mistakes over the last few years, but when he took over he always claimed to be able to get access to American investment in due course.
So onwards and upwards (hopefully!)
UTS

P.s. Plus with a bit of luck we can get rid of BoJo today too! :wink: Happy days!

10 Likes

Its not April the 1st!

Wow.

We already turn a profit at the level we are at, so it’s a relatively low risk investment. If they really do intend on investment and building, it’s not like it’s going to be a long time before they see a return, so I wouldn’t be too worried about that because if done correctly clearly there is scope for “Wealth Creation”. Look at any of the clubs many of our fans have complained incessantly about for years of which we are hopefully now one.

What I would be worried about, however, is how savvy they are with building up a football club, which, as has been proven time and time again to be more difficult than saying “here’s some money”.

6 Likes

Just marketing speak…

1 Like

It’s going to interesting. Truth is under Pombear we were just going around in circles. Improving one place in the league per season isn’t great so let’s see what happens. Hopefully they invest and make things happen because recently we’ve been stagnant.

2 Likes

Some big players in that group, Ken Polk is clearly a very wealthy man!

Well done Pomlett,he said he had investors lined up but after last 3 years its some masterstroke

9 Likes

Thinking out loud, the purchase of the land was always going to be part of any real deal to sell the club, without it, the deal wouldn’t be viable.

Slight worry that this could be a dangerous move, better the devil you know and all that - but we’ve been in decline for a decade or more, so it’ll be great to see some fresh ideas

9 Likes

I’ve complained about a lot of the Pomlett tenure but this deserves praise.

Can’t believe it

2 Likes

Back up keeper if we get desperate too Matt Jordan - Wikipedia

3 Likes

I weren’t sure if he was speaking crap but he’s delivered and must be applauded for it.
How it turns out will be interesting, we were calling for a change and we have one, let’s hope positivity comes out of it.

6 Likes

Fantastic news.

Can’t wait to read about it in the E&S. Oh wait, not got a mention on there yet. :neutral_face:

1 Like

What a strange day for me just come out a meeting at work having been told that the company has been brought by another company to see this lol what next today sign a Striker lol

A cautious welcome from me. I am not a great fan of foreign investment in football clubs but this looks good. I hope that it means more investment in the team and the return of the freehold to the Club within the 2 years mentioned.
One thing if this turns out to be a great deal perhaps all the criticism Gamble has received will be seen as somewhat misguided.

2 Likes

ManU were bought with their own money. We haven’t got any.

3 Likes

Just been to the club shop , they are there introducing themselves to the staff .
Hope our media guys are in top form