Tyreik Wright

From recent matches, Sam Perry looks at least as good a prospect. Wright has talent but frequently looks lost, as if he was not sure what to do.

Compared to Rico Tyreik is league one at best however he impressed in his first couple of games.Worth year loan.

1 Like

Defo worth a year loan or a punt if he is realeased.
Iā€™d like to bring In another winger alongside him though if we did as at the moment he hasnā€™t shown enough to be a top league 2 player at his age. While he has great potential Iā€™d like another option incase he doesnā€™t perform

To make an impact we need loan players like Tyler Roberts.

I still like Wes. He has been disappointing this season but I think we should stick with him in the hope that it really is the crowd that he is craving.

1 Like

Because thereā€™s been times when heā€™s been asked to play as a right wing back, as an attack minded kid out on his first loan being asked to play in a completely different position to what he usually plays, heā€™s done well.

Darrell Clarke could be a big factor in the future of Tyreik Wright too given that he was the one that signed him on loan initially. Not sure how Valeā€™s squad is balanced but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he tried to gazump any potential offer we make for next season, should he be in the market for winger.

Knowing Clarke as well as we do though, Iā€™m sure heā€™d prefer to use that budget on signing twelve centre midfielders that all do the same job instead

2 Likes

My personal opinion on Wright is that thereā€™s definitely a talented boy in there,and on the occasions he runs at players gliding past them he looks really good not quite unplayable but definitely good.He needs to work on for me anyway his decision making with passes and the weight he puts on passes especially when he puts one down the channel or has a dead ball situation with a free kick.I counted 3 occasions last game when he over hit the balls Iā€™ve mentioned.

1 Like

Agree Scoob - and he will improve. I just hope we get a chance to help.

1 Like

This wasnā€™t a geezer named Pablo Bull was it by chance ? It sounds like him

I like Tyreik, I just think heā€™s been a little confused about some of the roles heā€™s playing. Left side one half, right side after the interval, forward and midfield, I would be confused too. He really needs a goal to boost his confidence a little, heā€™s been given plenty of chances to score but has not taken them.
Would love to see him back here next season if Deano will agree.

2 Likes

Valeā€™s DoF Flitcroft may have a say in transfer dealings, so could rein him in. If he doesnā€™t like what he is given, he can always play them out of position or drop them after a good game. Or just take it out on a reporter.

4 Likes

I went to school in Birmingham not Walsall. Should remember his name but Bull doesnā€™t ring a bell!

It was @ QMGS Sutton Rd where I had my torture, but I did get my Latin O Level despite the experience

1 Like

Wing Commander Dickson?

Never taught by John Ducks on but knew him well from RAF and cross country. Think he did Greek as well as Latin. Bull and ā€˜Froggyā€™ Philips were board rubber checkers.

Sorry for the typo John Dickson! !

Same here.

He was my Latin teacher - but he didnā€™t teach me much Latin. We used to try and get him to tell us war stories instead - so I learned a lot about the angle of attack of a spitfire wing, but not a lot about Latin verb conjugation!

What years were you there?