Tyreik Wright

Entirely possible, unfortunately.

The crossover from the ‘anyone remember’ thread is also unfortunate. C’mon, guys.

I remember being in primary school with a new headmaster, we were all in assembly and I was sitting in the back laughing with a mate of mine.
The headmaster was playing a hymn on the piano when he slammed the lid down and shouted my name to join him on stage.
He picked me up and gave me six of the best with his very large hand, in front of the entire school I might add!
Lesson learned, never did that again.
The strap was the weapon of choice at Blue Coat.

Of course not. However, there was a time in the 1970s when I taught in a secondary school in the roughest area of the East End of Glasgow. For nine years. Without my two-tailed medium heavy Lochgelly, I wouldn’t have lasted a week.

I was regarded as being too soft. I didn’t buy myself the three-tailed extra heavy variety.

Every teacher in Scotland at the time was allowed to administer corporal punishment, and they bought their own tawse from the sole suppliers in Lochgelly, Fife.

I still have mine. Not used since 1982.

Well, I have used it since in Europe, Turkey, Northern Cyprus and Hong Kong - to demonstrate the barbarity of the UK. Strangely, nobody ever believes I actually used it on human hands. But I did.

Someone was writing above how pupils might want to beat up their teachers if they got the chance. Luckily, it didn’t happen to me. I was attacked one evening when walking from Easterhouse station to the school for an evening event. Four rather large young men (with knives) had me down on the ground before a smaller figure appeared. “Hey, that’s my German teacher!” he shouted. Apologising, they lifted me up and helped me on my way.

Then there was Mervyn Stockman. I had certainly given him the belt a good few times over the years. He had left school and soon after ended up in Barlinnie Prison for a particularly vicious knife attack. I was on my way from the Buchanan Hotel, where I’d had a few pints at the end of a stressful day, and was walking through a dimly-lit passage towards Queen Street station. Suddenly a figure appeared before me. He wasn’t big. Mervyn Stockman was quite short. He reached for his inside pocket…

“Wanna drink, suh?” He said as he took out a half bottle of vodka.

5 Likes

My fault. Apologies.

1 Like

Nope but apparently the account has been removed along with ‘additional connected accounts’? No idea if that means they know who it is and have removed their real account too or whether they had other accounts doing the same thing - weird.
I hope by ‘removed’ they don’t mean the user removed them though and they can’t find out who it is. Hopefully they’d still have records either way.

At least Ty will have seen how much support he had from the rest of the community, and will realise that the offending article does not in any way represent the vast majority of decent people
And if you are reading this son, do your talking on the pitch, get noticed and make yourself a few million to shove it down his throat :wink:

6 Likes

They’ve just been talking about Jamie Vardy on the radio @chunkster and it would be crazy if we don’t use Tyriek’s pace down the middle.

I’m not advocating route one because Leicester have a great playing style. You could argue that Holden is a poor man’s Maddison also.

If we fire tomorrow, I genuinely think that momentum could help to bring the feel good factor back.

How AMAZING would it be if we made a push and Vale sank into the relegation minefield? To quote Keegan, “I WOULD LOVE IT!”

2 Likes

As an update, the E&S are reporting that: 'West Midlands Police have confirmed that a 17-year-old boy has been spoken to regarding the abuse sent.

Their statement read: “A 17-year-old boy has been voluntary interviewed and released while enquiries continues.” …’

GOOD!

Boy, 17, interviewed by police after racist abuse directed at Walsall winger Tyreik Wright | Express & Star (expressandstar.com)

2 Likes

Well said Chunkster.

1 Like

Tyreik is on the bench for Ireland U-21 v Wales today 1:00pm KO you can see if he gets on here: Live broadcast

1 Like

Only played half an hour, injuries apart no reason why he shouldn’t be involved tomorrow IMO.

2 Likes

Yes there’s no reason why he can’t return to being an unused/virtually unused sub for us tomorrow.

4 Likes

Indeed. Bet he can’t wait to return from international duty to be an unused sub at a crap 4th division club.

2 Likes

We had it regularly at St Mary’s the Mount Primary School in the late forties and early fifties every teacher had their own, in their desk, and most used it liberally.

2 Likes

I was at the mount started 1959 it was still there then mostly just the ruler though unless you were really naughty

Back to Wright, he is one of the few youngsters that Villa are retaining so they obviously see something in him.

But from what we’ve seen, he’s a long long way from bing a Premier League player. In fact some of his one footed contortions would get some berating in junior football. If you’re not confident enough to strike the ball at goal with your wrong foot from twelve yards out then you’ve got some work to do.

He definitely has something and if we could persuade Villa that a season long loan would benefit him then I think it would be good for all three parties.

4 Likes

Agree with that PT. You would hope that being a neighbour it would be likely.

1 Like

I think the only hurdle would be that Villa might want to see how he fares at a higher level. Hopefully, the big change for him next season that we can offer is playing in front of thousands of people on a regular basis. The humm of excitement, the roar of a goal and the groan of disappointment are things that are also a big part of a players development. For one or two players it might be the very thing that feeds them. I’d like to think Wes has been impacted by this and if he stays that he can bounce back once fans are back.

2 Likes

Precisely why I’d still offer Wes a contract (albeit not break the bank for him) despite his recent performances. Is it a coincidence his best performance of the season came in the only game where some fans were allowed in? Seems to respond when he has a set behind him, or a rival set to show off in front of.
Someone does need to give him a kick up the backside to start him going again though.

Personally I’d send him to Rushall Olympic, he’s rubbish.

You shouldn’t need a constant kick up the arse to do your job.