Underwhelmed at squad building

Turning into a joke of a club just cos the moron at the top keeps taking money out and has no ambition

1 Like

Exactly. And if our only real pull is the chance of playing in the Football League then we’re not going to be signing many players who are tried and tested at this level but more risks.

2 Likes

A Wolverhampton Speedway fan I take it?

Unfortunately we will be nowhere near promotion… mid table at best.

2 Likes

Different ways to look at this, there is the reduced playing squad budget factor at play, but perhaps we have a higher budget this time for the coaching staff, in the hope that this will translate to more consistent and effective team and personal performances from the playing staff. Hopefully it will.

There is still the same theme though, the ownership of the club and how this maps out Walsall FC’s aims. Over the years we see our expectations lowered by the regime and some supporters who buy into the bullshine. Next 12 months the expected level of Walsall FC will be adjusted to be a ‘well run mid table league two club’.

2 Likes

God!!! I hope not…:anguished:I’m all for coaching,but not relying on it totally to get out of Div2.

Good point. I know its early days but I do worry for the future of this football club. So far we’ve used Clarke’s connections to attract a couple of experienced pros, but otherwise we’re signing very raw unproven youngsters who are no doubt nice and cheap.

We’ve been relegated but the model that got us there is staying exactly the same. That will probably lead to the same result; years and years of lower mid-table mediocrity unless the manager can pull off a minor miracle. The crowds will dwindle and we’ll be stuck here for years.

Without a new owner the prospects for our club just seem hopeless.

6 Likes

Regardless of our budget and everything gone on the past three years we HAVE to be looking for an immediate return.

Clarke has the experience of getting out this division, hes a respectable coach within the game so will be able to call on help from all his mates should he need to.

Apart from Salford, Plymouth, Bradford, Scunthorpe and Mansfield (all money bags) - there are no other clubs able to attract players to League 2 more than us. We pride ourselves on letting players go if they prove themselves, we have a cracking training ground and realistically we should be a top half League 1 club.

If Darrell and his staff cannot attract good players or get us in the top seven of League 2 then they hve failed imo

3 Likes

Based on what? Wages attract players. Our budget was mid table League Two. The budget has probably been slashed since last season too. There will be at least 12 sides more attractive than us. Yes, facilities, location (not that that’ll help us), manager, philosophy (what philosophy) all help but wages will be a massive pull.

No, the board will have failed with their ■■■■ 15 years out of date budget.

5 Likes

So far I am not really looking forward to the season starting if I’m honest, surely that should be one of the club’s main aims to get fans excited, our board couldn’t care if we show up at games or not, as long as walsall make enough for the pension each year bonser doesn’t care, if he did why hasn’t he sold us to someone with ambition, no wonder our fan base is decreasing, we have stagnated for 15years bar one season under smith

Why would they? It would only heap pressure back onto themselves which they can’t deal with. They prefer to push it onto whichever sorry sod is captain of the sinking ship each season.

■■■■ me that statement just bought home to me how desperate our once great club have become :sleepy: i do hope you read this site bonzo, and hang your head in shame

2 Likes

There are four hundred and forty thousand reasons a year why our number one fan doesn’t give a ■■■■ and certainly don’t read this site.

3 Likes

I would imagine mole and gamble read the site every day… Bonzer wouldn’t though just in case he feels that slight bit of guilt and loosens the purse strings.

3 Likes

What, Gamble and Mole read this site? The only thing they are capable of reading is the bullshine emails from Bonser telling em when to " Sit and shake a paw" pair of useless morons.

3 Likes

I reckon someone from the club definitely does. Hope so anyway.

4 Likes

Reading internet forum? It’s 2019, groups on Facebook, or some Twitter accounts will be enough. More serious, even when someone from the club reads it, they will never show it.
Just to stay on topic, I’m still not underwhelmed. Two weeks till Cassius Camps in Poland, probably no game, only team binding. So there should be some signings soon.

I’m sure they said they were hoping to get a game there behind closed doors? No announcement yet, would they even bother announcing it with it being behind closed doors?

This site has been a critical fan base for over twenty years. They read it, for sure.

Not underwhelmed so far, but as time goes by DC’s job becomes clearer - push players to accept a deal on our terms because we have nothing more in finance, but we are lucky we’re not in the extreme North or South so travel or isolation wont be an issue.

Binser’s saving grace right now is our location.

1 Like

True mate , I just have no idea what the ambitions of the club is.

Considering the appointment of Clarke I would of expected us to throw the kitchen sink at it.

2 Likes