Update From Chief Operating Officer Dan Mole

Give the club credit for wanting to move into the 21st century, it’s taken some time to get there, but this season is a classic example of the progress we’ve made on and off the pitch.

1 Like

I wish they would bring the ground into the 21’st century by moving those dam stanchions :wink:

3 Likes

Totally agree with that, chunkster. They make our ground look like it was built on the cheap, totally embarrassing! Oh, I had forgotten, it WAS built on the cheap by a cowboy outfit.
Once we’ve have things right on the pitch, maybe they plans to improve the stadium when there’s more money coming in.

2 Likes

Garlic bread?

3 Likes

Don’t think.anyone has been critical of the club, just pointing out that generally the older generation do not like and understand change will feel, I know my dad will be flustered by it and not spend £6 at the kiosk.

The club should encourage people to use debit cards and cashcards absolutely but not rule out cash purchases altogether

I knew a physics teacher called Christopher Mee. I thought it was funny having a teacher whose name was C. Mee.

I think you have started something now :joy: :man_facepalming:

There aren’t any in the Homeserve …

2 Likes

Well there is where us oldies pay more to sit :grin:

But most people in that stand have their eyes shut for their afternoon nap during most games anyway so won’t notice them. :older_man: :rofl:

2 Likes

Maybe that has been the best way to watch the games over the past few seasons though…:wink:

3 Likes

That’s why you pay more mate , oh I so wish we could have our view restricted some games … :laughing:

2 Likes

Hard to believe there are still people out there without a payment card of some description. They’ve been around for decades.
Tend to find these days that the only people that want paying in cash are the self employed and small businesses. Apparently makes it easier for them :joy:

3 Likes

My 83 year old dad has a bank card, he can never remember his pin no, but he has got one :laughing:

2 Likes

You have to be a certain age to get away with that one in the pub :joy:

1 Like

I reckon it will cost me a few quid in the long run. I have honestly never bought a round of drinks in a pub on a card in my life.

Won’t make much difference at home games but most away games are a day and usually a night out. I liked to take out with me what I could afford to spend and when it was done it is home time. I imagine waking up on Sunday mornings now, checking my online banking and thinking I have been hacked!

I’m not against progress at all, I do think it will cost the club money in the short term at least, and I understand this is a bigger deal for some people than it is for others.

2 Likes

Fair point Mark.
Easy to get carried away on a card compared to “real cash”.

I thought i had been hacked when i checked my account this morning, but apparently £150 is the norm for 4 people to have a 3 course meal overlooking the cut :grin:

1 Like

I bet there was a drinky or two included in that ? :wink:

1 Like

Maybe a couple :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :wink: