Update From Chief Operating Officer Dan Mole

Did Mole said how they’re managing walkups this season?

Would be massive improvement if we don’t have the tedious queue stretching halfway around the car park from 2.20pm so interested what they’ve got up their sleeve, a ticket point covering the other two stands would be very useful imo although probably haven’t got the facilities and space.

Dare I say a kiosk or something in the town centre on matchday and the Friday before could also work…might have to be in the mythical club shop loads are asking for. :joy:

Also more basic question given I’ve seen the mobile ticket phrase uttered above. No issue with that as used the phone to get in to watch a gig (same for Enter Shikari at 02 in December) and also the Tennis down in London a few years back but how’s it worked if I just go up there a few days before a home game and get a ticket for someone else…are paper tickets still a thing or would two tickets just be downloaded to my phone and then transfer it to the other person coming?

I believe you can download and transfer an eTicket to as many mobile devices as you like but each one can only be used once (unique QR code).

2 Likes

… or indeed print off several hard copies and give them to whoever you like. Once it pings a scanner the first time though no other copy will work.

1 Like

Does all this mean "un manned " turnstiles ?
If so…I see some tailgating going on.

In the video Mole said we wouldn’t be going through turnstiles. There will be a fenced off perimeter around the stadium with 4 gates where you would enter whilst scanning your tickets. I’d assume these gates will have stewards at them.

Yeah I think the stewards will be doing the scanning of the tickets.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/wfcofficial/status/1415710247210024960?s=21

Video explaining the process.

During the transition they’re still accepting cash on the car park and for programme sellers.

Also they’re limiting amount of fans in the suites and concessions.

My wife hasn’t even got a bank account. :no_mouth:

Regards the issue of change, and it slowing things down. Then simply don’t give change.
Bus companies have been doing this for decades. Either have the right money or end up losing a bit if you don’t.

Genuinely interested. How does she function without a bank account? Or do you look after it all?

Well done to the club. It’s not the 1970s any more and it seems a shrewd investment.

I imagine there will be teething problems, but a positive step towards modernising the club.

1 Like

I earn all the household money, pay all the bills and she gets her money when I get paid.
If there’s anything left over I get it, then she tells me how to spend it :grimacing:

3 Likes

A really positive update from Matt Taylor too. He couldn’t be any different to Darrell Clarke - thank goodness!

8 Likes

This guy is a breath of fresh air. I hope his management works out because, as an individual, this is a million miles better than the last 2 or 3 seasons.

6 Likes

Absolutely. He is saying all the right things here, and seems to have a clear idea of how he wants us to play. Drilling players on what to do with and without the ball , patterns of play etc may sound like basic stuff but we really have had to listen to and watch some real nonsense over recent years.

If you have good footballers with good character who have been coached a plan of how to play that they understand, you are giving yourself a great chance of success.

4 Likes

I can’t see that ever catching on. :rofl:

I know what a ridiculous Idea. We just need men.

1 Like

Mick Kearns Hub apparently.

1 Like

heard that mate

1 Like

Think we had a manager, back in the day, who stumbled upon this formula. Worked very well for him too.
Ray Graydon I think his name was. If MT can work the miracles that RG did then we’re in for a good season!

I almost mentioned him, but I mention him a bit too often I think. Even though that was 20 years plus ago the same principles apply.

2 Likes