Upgrading in January

If we are serious about getting out of this decision i reckon Trivella need to spend around 600k.
Before everyone falls about laughing, this Division is not like it used to be, with many clubs spending significantly more than they used to.
My 600k would be spent as follows:
Owen Moxley - Carlisle
Luke Armstrong - Harrogate
Liam Bennett - Cambridge
That would give us a big shout at this level.

Do people really see us spending 600k? I would be amazed.

9 Likes

I would also be amazed, but that is whats needed to get out of this lousy division and then hold our own in Div1

2 Likes

Ok. I agree on one level. Just don’t get your hopes up :joy:

1 Like

There should be a bit of money to spend. No wages for Hussey, FA Cup prize money and TV money should add up to a fair bit.

Not sure it’s anywhere close to half a million though!

1 Like

£67k up for grabs tonight if we can get through too. Every little helps.

2 Likes

The difficulty will be in persuading players to come. January is not a good time to be signing players but I hope we can find a RWB and a Left footed CB as well as replacements for Draper and Tierney if they leave. It would also strengthen us a lot if we could sign an experienced and strong midfielder in the Chambers mould.

3 Likes

You’re living in a fantasy, the only semi realistic one on that list is Armstrong from Harrogate and they don’t need to sell him as their owner is wealthy. Carlisle are not going to sell one of their best players when they are struggling in the league above and they would want more than £600k for Moxon alone.

1 Like

Good luck - Liam Bennett would be more than 600k - we enquired pre-season.

1 Like

If we spend £600k, I will bear my @r$e in Tesco’s window!!!

4 Likes

I suppose it depends on if Trivela think that the situation warrants spending serious cash. If they think we’ll be going nowhere even with an uptick in performance and results, they may very well be of the view that it’s better to hold onto the cash and look to spend big instead on a fresh start in the summer. To use the speculated figure provided, that means spending £600,000 on finishing say 10th instead of 18th. If they’re pessimistic, this may not represent a good return on investment.

On the other hand, they may look at it as we’ve only got to claw back 7 points from those above to be back in with a shout of the playoffs. Saturday’s result has done wonders for this view, which is arguably why it was so important.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I thought Armstrong was going to Wrexham in January? They cocked up the paperwork at the end of the last window having agreed a fee etc.

Every little helps…

We ain’t gonna break our stupidly high transfer record in league 2 now are we
At most we will spend 50k on an old crippled journeyman who was good 2 years ago

1 Like

And I doubt he would be happy to drop down a league!

We’ve already done that Jamille Matt.

3 Likes

Whilst I am more than happy to see any money being spent on the squad I think it is just too little to late for this season. Realistically we would need to be hitting 1.9 points per game to make the play offs now and even if we get Haalaand in that aint happening.

Fair enough if we are bringing in quality players on 2-3 year contracts that would mean a lower turnover in the summer. However, what’s the point in paying big wages for a few players and then end up somewhere around the 65 point mark.

I know the alternative is do nothing and even then I don’t see us going down but it’s effectively saying 2023/24 is done, aside for the potential of a cup run. I just don’t want us to waste a load of £££’s on short term plays that in effect achieve nothing, especially if it then restricts summer transfer options. Also if things do not work out and Sadler is moved on, we would have yet another manager wanting to recruit his own players and the revolving door continues.

1 Like

I would have thought any money spent in January is going to come from the original budget and the extra won from the cup run. I doubt Trivela will be adding anything substantial.

1 Like

Think we all know our main priority is a RB/RWB id be taking a look at Marcel Oakley from Brum , young local kid , told he can find a new club in jan as he doesnt fit in rooneys plans only 21 main position is RB but can also slot into CB

3 Likes