Urgent Extraordinary Meeting

My take on the meeting is that knowing some of these individuals they will attempt to make it as intimidating as possible. They have a lot at stake. Not the football I may add. They know the net is closing in.

I think you need at least 2 other people there otherwise refuse to attend.

1 Like

There not the bloody mafia lol, maybe he should take a coach load of ultras just in case things get tasty

7 Likes

I think the SLO should issue an Agenda to the attendees. The SLO also needs to know the fans genuinely want answers. If the meeting is going to be an intimidating Governance type thing where Pomlett sets out out the role of ISSA etc then that will simply antagonise the fan base even more. My anticipation is that it will be that style of meeting. Pomlett needs to realise there are literally thousands of posts criticising his gross mismanagement of the club so it’s pretty pointless meeting with 1 or 2 people. The meeting needs to be opened up to a wider group of people

1 Like

Really pleased with this, (thank you) but have very low expectations from it.

For me there are 2 weeks to save our club (which I know is dramatic), but I really do feel this if the crunch moment, we have feared/been waiting for.

I want real change. Wholesale change.

I want direction. Completely new one.

I want a club I can be proud of again. Not embarrassed by.

Look forward to hearing the clown’s BS this week.

11 Likes

Video record it, he’s ‘good’ at them.

2 Likes

Tbf that’s a good idea or Atleast audio record it

Nice one DH, go for them and don’t be fobbed off, we need real change at all levels, the current board are not fit for purpose, if Omlette doesn’t or want to change direction with fresh impetus then he should go also.

They might as well be , bunch of conmen!

Must say fair play to Graham for his quick response and arranging the meeting so soon after the request and Leigh for agreeing to meet with ISSA. Something you wouldn’t have got 3 years ago.

9 Likes

Literally his job.

6 Likes

Yep literally sent his mate a text :joy:

2 Likes

We are a complete embarrassment of a club. Totally inept.

Top work @Dhforever Nice direct points made.

1 Like

I think it should be a full meeting of the working party with the Trust being there too and I agree it should be minuted and the outcome published. . However these accusations against the DoF which as far as I can see amount to comments on social media from people not connected to the Club both the Club and those attending need to be careful.
Clearly if any current or immediate past employee alleges bullying has taken place that needs proper investigation within the procedures which presumably the employer has in place. I would suggest this is not a matter for third parties to get involved in unless they have direct evidence of the events. A man’s career and reputation could be on trial here.That is not something which should be treated lightly .

6 Likes

May not have happened under Jeff, true! But it is the SLO’s job and it’s literally a what’s app to Leigh.

Given the amount of piss being boiled on social media and forums about the dire state and rumours surrounding our club, not sure Leigh could say No.

But before anyone gets carried away, let’s see what this meeting brings. But frankly actions speak louder than words and I’m fed up of the latter.

I have no problem with the trust attending.
In fact if Bob Thomas was free. I’d welcome bobs input into the meeting.

And I. Would also have no issue with getting together with Bob. On morning of the meeting. To. Put together. Questions they as an organisation may have had put to them also.

This isn’t about. Egos or groups. It’s about. Trying to get. Answers. For our fanbase. , we all follow the same team.

19 Likes

I think the Trust should attend also

Most chairman in the league, wouldn’t have set up a meeting so quickly if any, is my point. So like I say fair play to him.

6 Likes

Nets closing in that’s why

But one has to be careful about social media . Some of the stuff I have read on here over the past few days has alarmed me a lot and I want no part of it. People seem to have agendas which have little to do with supporting our local football team. The denigration of the DoF being one them. Ok not every signing he made was a good one but thats true of every club. OK he might not be everybody’s “cup of tea” but I was impressed with the views he expressed at the fans meeting. Did I like him? Not particularly but that doesn’t matter does it. What matters is in 2 years time will we be thinking he was a good appointment. His is a long term appointment and I hope it is a successful one.Of course, if after proper process he is guilty of bullying he will have to go.

8 Likes