Urgent Extraordinary Meeting

No, but they are run as football clubs, we are not, we are run as a pension pot with a football club attached.

It really is that simple.

4 Likes

Yeah. Would be nice if we didn’t have to pay wages too. But that’s just the way it is.

The rent isn’t holding us back. Plenty of clubs at our level are paying rent.

Exactly. You need people at those meetings who understand all the financial context including the fellows Park breakup etc etc etc.

As ever @Dhforever, your efforts are appreciated.

Things have got to change. We are heading to Non League and once that happens, we won’t come back.

3 Likes

Totally agree. It’s about where the money goes in terms of the whole operating model. Best way of describing it is a carrier bag stuffed with notes and them flying all over the place. Problem is no one knows where

The devil in me says we should stop paying the rent to the Leech. Put the money in a separate holding account each month or quarter. Tell the Leech we are not paying it until there is a quantum change in the cost level or structure. Then see what he does. When he does something (legal action or whatever) we make it public that our “Saviour and true supporter” is taking steps against the Club.
He won’t like the publicity.
It brings focus to the issue from the media.
Has anyone ever added up how much he has screwed out of the Club?
Twelve months on perhaps we pay the arrears. Then we stop paying yet again etc etc. and restart the publicity machine.
Do I think our bean counter who pretends to be a “CEO” will have the cojones to do that?
Answers on a postcard to………

1 Like

Has the detail of Pomlett’s well publicised ambition to ‘reunite the Club and freehold’ ever been laid out?

6 Likes

I’m very interested in why we continue to sign substandard players, yet endlessly insult the intelligence of the fan base by insisting it’s a talented squad.

We just need some honesty.

3 Likes

Not sure it makes a blind bit of difference. That horse bolted years ago. Pomlett has a different approach to Bonser. He tickles our bellies, whereas Bonser liked to wave his two fingers at us.

3 Likes

Thanks for organising the meeting Dave, the unrest amongst the faithful is now at breaking point, and the issues you have tabled for discussion need to be addressed urgently.
Emotions are running high, so we need to keep a lid on potential demonstrations, otherwise we lose sight of the aim of the meeting.
At this stage, we want Leigh to come clean with us, otherwise all the conspiracy theories about bullying, player unrest, false covid claims etc get out of hand, and the fans deserve to know what’s really being done behind the scenes to turn the club around.
Anyway,all the best Dave, we look forward to your report.

7 Likes

Where the money comes from and goes is detailed (to an extent) in the accounts.

As I said previously, the financial structure of the club hasn’t changed with Pomlett taking over - you can see that in the accounts.

2 Likes

Yes it’s in the cabinet with the 5 year plan, unfortunately someone has lost the keys

3 Likes

It’s in the 5 year plan.

Wait a minute…:joy::man_facepalming:

This is a circular conversation going nowhere. Don’t think you get mine or Belhegors argument. In which case if it’s exactly the same. Let’s have an Adam Chambers, Wescarr, Mantom please. Decent players on decent wages.

As a football fan I care very little for the rent.
Rent is what around 400k a year? We made 10 fold that on Rico over the years and what do we have to show for that, what for the jules and ade money, the Bradshaw money, further back deeney fryatt etc? That 400k would be seen nowhere and in football terms is simply a drop In the ocean
What I care about is what’s being invested into the team and why we only ever sign rubbish players and unproven or poor / sacked from same level coaches and managers.
With Walsall it’s not how we many money that’s the problem it’s where it goes when we do spend it on the football side

1 Like

Update for all

I have received further communication. From the slo Stating that they will meet with me on this coming Tuesday. Ie the SLO and chairman. At 2 pm at the stadium

I have again responded saying I will not attend alone for. reasons of transparency, I have also requested that. The meeting is fully. Minuted. With said minutes being made public within 48 hour timescale so all fans can see what has been discussed

Unless another person. Is allowed to attend with me I will not. Attend, As it does not sit easy with me. And I have no desire to be. Told anything that any other fan should not be aware of .

24 Likes

Brilliant post. The carrier bag with holes in it

It’s 3 or 4 decent players at this level, or a couple at the level above. Moreover, it was rinsed from the fans of the club that rallied round after Ramsden went tits up.

I think your stance is correct. You need the meeting minuted and recorded with others in attendance. If that’s not agreed we’ll that simply tells us all we need to know.

What’s Pomlett usually like to speak to in a Small meeting like this with no other director to hide his answers behind?
With just the 3 of you and someone there as verification I’m hoping it will be a very honest and instructive meeting without hiding behind generic hiding behind confidentiality answers