UTS Prediction League 2: 2019-2020

Woops! Hadn’t spotted that when I was doing it, soz!
I will ensure the same mistake is not done again when I do the table for this weekend!

2 Likes

Look on the bright side. At least WalsallSwift has only predicted 7 times.

2 Likes

Every man for himself in the hellhole that is the UTS Prediction League.

2 Likes

Ingrate :joy:

1 Like

When you are on my level then I will engage with you.

1 Like

I’m looking to get off the bottom this week, thought I’d give everyone a head start :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just playing should easily get you 38th place this week.

2 Likes

I’m sure JJ will be able to answer this … has the UTS Prediction League ever had consecutive seasons where the champion has finished bottom of the table the year after?

(Asking for a friend)

3 Likes

Ha ha! Good question! I will have a trawl through the tables from each year I have been doing it at the weekend, when I am doing the updates, and see what I can find out!

1 Like

Inform your interested friend, that the answer is no Welsh, or possibly not yet.

HK saddler once fluked a win with an early series of 1-0 wins and then had an appalling start to the next season and gave up, which might be the closest … So far. :sweat_smile:

:pray::pray::pray::smile:

1 Like

Well that saved me a job at the weekend, thanks!:+1: :wink:

1 Like

There’s too many men
Too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Can’t you see
This is a land of confusion.

Ooh Superman where are you now
When everything’s gone wrong somehow
The men of steel, the men of power
Are losing control by the hour.

I remember long ago -
Ooh when the sun was shining
Yes and the stars were bright
All through the night
And the sound of your laughter
As I held you tight
So long ago …

1 Like

That is a great tune! :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Latest table after yesterday. Better scoring this week but a real spread still.
The winning score was 4 points, achieved by 1933, Nelsons County and the Hindu god Ganesh, AKA matt_saddlesore - well done all.

A decent amount of movement in the table and maybe signs of people starting to form a little breakaway group at the top - these next few prediction weeks could be crucial if you want to stay in touch!

6 Likes

While not ‘back’ back, this is finally a start. 2 points behind Morty, 7 behind Jolly J and 9 off the top. The journey towards respectability begins here. A few more weeks of slowly gaining ground and the post Xmas dismembering surge to look forward to.

Pity I’m so far behind and the title is too far adrift. :cry:

Oh I forgot, it’s ME. It’s on. It wouldn’t even be the greatest comeback of all time (13 points by ME, season 4)

ME. :innocent:

Mick Hucknall. Little man who’s made his limited talent go a surprisingly long way.:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

More you…

1 Like

Updated table after yesterday’s games. Some very good scoring and only 1 blob. We also had our first P-P game of the season so this has been duly recorded and when it is played, those people will get any points due added on.

The winning score was 4 points, achieved a good number of people - Gavin77, Exile, RedandWhite, 1933, Belphegor, Welsh_Saddler and TheHassBoss. Well done to all of you!

Still lots of different winners but also some people getting their second and third wins of the season. Good movement too in the table, so it is definitely shaping up to be the most competitive season yet.

2 Likes

A pleasing return to some kind of form of late. I remain a committed Hindu supplicant, with a concerted plan to wade through the jostling throng prior to the 2020 revenge surge and vicious assault on Mount Doom.