UTS Prediction League 2: 2019-2020

This is the earliest and to date most desperate incarnation of the classic:

Where’s Saigon LOL’ , which always comes before the predictable and well-trodden highway to ultimate glory, paved with the mute skulls of the outrageously ignorant and notoriously incompetent. :skull:

This basically a hare chase, a rag-tag of bumbling predictors accruing a meaningless collection of serendipitous guesses, before the post-October tide turns like clockwork and the crestfallen also-rans are effortlessly reeled in, doomed to contest 13th place and struggling to keep ahead of the default statistical average. :rabbit2:

Everyone knows I’m going to finish first, or possibly second (or third) if one (or two) predictor(s) have an outrageously once in a lifetime lucky year.

Fun Fact: Only 5 unique posters have finished above me in the previous 8 years. :sunglasses:

:cowboy_hat_face:

Table after today’s games. Mixed bag of scoring and quite a few blobs as some fancied teams still haven’t found their league 2 form yet!

The winning score was 4 points, achieved by mickysaddler - well done!

The weekly wins are now shown on a new right hand column so you can keep tabs on who is doing the best week on week.

One thing I didn’t mention in the initial post of rules etc is that if a predictor doesn’t take part for 5 consecutive weeks then they will be removed from the table. This should help to make it a bit bigger and easier to see for people, as there will be less rows. Should any predictor then come back into the comp, I will re-instate them into the table.

5 Likes

Corrected table from week 2 after an error on my part!

free image host

1 Like

Not important JJ but you have me down as playing 3 weeks :wink:

How did you find the game mate? (after traveling up from Norwich :see_no_evil:)

:joy:. It was great to come back mate. Should have won really but I still worry if we’re going to score enough but I suppose it depends who the last striker is. At least we looked like we cared. Some of the new lads looked really good. Can’t make crewe for family reasons which is typical as its only half hour away.

1 Like

Ha ha, well spotted! Must have hit the edge of the wrong key when typing it in!!

1 Like

Surprised saigon hasn’t gotten bitter about favouritism yet. He still thinks it’s his God-given right to win this every year…

1 Like

The phrase “sense of entitlement” springs to mind. He’s probably a closet Man Utd fan.

2 Likes

Fixed that for you. :sunglasses:

Praise be to the Lord! :pray:

Based on your position, you will need more than just prayers …

1 Like

I have the love of Jesus. :angel:

… the only difference is that you turn wine into water … :wink:

2 Likes

Went to one of those schools, did ya? Explains a lot :wink:

2 Likes

Thankfully not, and the closest I ever got was going to Sunday school on one occasion with an increasingly volatile and irrate rector (um) who found the collective level of disinterest an affront to his moribund and indoctrinated belief meme. :mask:

You’ll need to able to raise the dead.

looks like i’ve started pretty much where I left off last season …:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Here is the week 3 table after yesterday’s games. Pretty low scoring as a few fancied teams didn’t get the results expected or their early form predicted - that’s football!

The winning score was 3 points, achieved by 1933, Belphegor, Jeef Boner and me! Well done to all of us.

Tuesday’s games are already in the week 4 thread so get your predictions in before the 7:45 kick offs. It’s easy to forget the midweek games after getting in from a day’s work etc so don’t put it off!

Four points is ■■■■■■■ ■■■■.

Is that a comment on your performance or that of Walsall so far this season?!!:laughing:

4 Likes