UTS Prediction League 2: 2019-2020

implying we are all in the same time zone…

1 Like

Oh I noticed, @matt_saddlesore!

I always check my surges up the table, leaving gibbering has-beens in my wake.

And - TWO weekly wins on the trot too.

What a time to be alive!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

If you were committed then you would make sure you were up at 2:55 British time.

I make sure I am when in Spain :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The most appropriate track I could find :frowning:

1 Like

What a fucking disgrace. :pouting_cat:

I’ve painfully hauled my way up from the very dregs, at great personal cost, and I can easily recount at least 12 points where nailed on certainties have inexplicably failed to materalise, or been snaffled away in tragic last minute reverses of fortune. :imp:

So instead of contesting the gilded imperial crown in a grand war of kings, I’m humiliatingly scrabbling over some pathetic crust cast down from the top table. Scraps. Mere scraps.

The world is so utterly unfair. :disappointed:

1 Like

Serves you right for being so cocky.

:rofl:

I’m absolutely sick of it, and totally fed up of it! :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Only another 4 to catch me.

I can’t argue with that - and I am running out of time.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated table after the weekend and the p-p game played tonight between Grimsby and Newport.

Decent scoring at the weekend and the winning score was 5 points, achieved by WiltshireSaddler - well done to you!

There are now currently 3 games outstanding:
Plymouth v Grimsby (week 17 - now Tues 3rd Mar)
Swindon v Scunthorpe (week 34 - now Tues 3rd Mar)
Cheltenham v Newport (week 13 - now Tues 24th Mar)

2 Likes

Got to be pleased with that after where I was at 13 weeks. Up to 7th, enjoying (my first) sustained period of consistency, ensconced equidistant betwixt usual compatriots Jolly Johnny and Morty, lofting above some notable predictors, accelerating away from noisy early upstarts and within striking distance of the early leaders, all with 11 game weeks still to go!

Mildly pleasing to witness some horrific implosions, including those of gobby early over-achievers. :zipper_mouth_face:

I look forward to further advances, the complete evisceration of some, the gradual reeling in of others, yet others rattled by my considerable presence hoving into their rear view mirrors after all this time.
:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

1 Like

well there’s only 3 of us left now without a weekly win!
I wonder how high up the table I can get without actually winning even 1 week? :wink:

1 Like

You’ve made up a point on the top three since then. Well done on being average.

2 Likes

But what a point! :sunglasses:

Wasn’t Shrews about 17 points ahead of everyone at that stage? :face_with_monocle:

You’ve come back well, while Belph is suddenly looking human - is it on? :thinking:

12 points in the last five rounds, an “implosion” some can only dream of. Been at around two points per round all season. Nothing to do with me that some wouldn’t know consistency if it whacked them in the gob. :wink:

2 Likes

I was 12 points adrift in early January. Now down to 6. With a extra game in hand. All without winning a week.

How’s that for consistency? :chart_with_upwards_trend: :arrow_double_up:

You’re boasting about consistency with evidence pointing to its exact opposite. A place in Johnson’s cabinet can’t be far away.

2 Likes

I’m just trying to make myself feel better! :grinning:

While hoping that if I insist something’s afoot then it might come to pass! :star_struck:

It worked for Boris! :thinking: :grinning:

1 Like

Matt Handcock?

2 Likes

My school nickname. :worried: How did you find out??

1 Like