W 1-0 vs Carlisle United (H) - League Two - Fri 15th Apr, 3pm

I think we’ll edge the Carlisle game (1-0 Wilko pen) and get a point at Crawley and that will be that.

Wilko was the only player not present at the training session today. Kinsella, Tomlin and Holden were all in attendance.

Interesting that they were focussing on set pieces and goal kicks towards the end of the session. What you would have as the starting 11 consisted of:

Rushworth
White
Daniels
Monthe
Shade
Devine
Earing
Osadede
Ladadie
Kiernan
Miller

Not saying this will be the team, but Kiernan was with Miller up top and Paddy was next to Earing, with Ladabie the most advanced of the 3 CM’s.

Any form of reaction would be nice I’d take a loss with a much improved energy level at the minute that’s how bad it’s got.

My starting X1 assuming Wilko is injured

Rushworth
White Daniels Monthe
Shade Earing Perry Labadie Devine
Miller Rodney

1 Like

Despite it not being a Saturday game, you can’t buy an iFollow video pass for this one (in the UK) without needing to go via a VPN - but you can for Monday at Crawley. Go figure!

Rose
White Daniels Monthe Devine
Earing Labadie Osadebie Keirnan
Miller Rodney

We need to attack and, God help us, in my opinion this seems our most attacking line up considering available players. (I excuse Perry, but he’s not really up to his earlier standards, but hopefully next season… )While including Os will no doubt be controversial, he is our most unpredictable player going forward I think. Keirnan keeps the ball well, has scored and created a few, and tracks back well allowing Devine to get forward perhaps. Miller and the Plonker, well, who else if Wilkinson is out?

Well as the 3 of them are probably crocked for the rest of the season, does that give us any confidence that Rushworth, Daniels and Shade are over their knocks and available for tomorrow? If not, that’s 6-7 that you would expect to start when fit all out at the same time. :frowning_face:

At least we have Devine and, most importantly, Mills back. :lying_face:

I took the little one to the easter activity session earlier. Overheard Earing saying he was going for a scan today, so i’d count Wilko out.

As for Daniels, Shade and Rushworth they all trained and I think will start tomorrow.

I spoke to Tomlin and he said he has a huge bruise on his groin and its very painful, so doubtful he’ll play again this season and Kinsella as we know is out. Was nice to see Holden though.

3 Likes

Did he give any indication on whether we will ever see him play again?

He came out prior to the session for a few minutes. Didn’t get chance to speak to him.

What I will say is, it looked as if his knee was still painful based on how he was walking.

I did have a very insightful chat with Sadler at the activity session. He said he has better hopes for next season, where we don’t have to worry about relegation and begin to build. Player turnover each season isn’t working and he said Flynn will not suffer fools lightly. We also discussed Paul Hurst’s team at Shrewsbury. He alluded to how ‘together’ that team was and how they all knew their jobs. He feels with the current manager, that is something which we can build here.

I asked if he will be here next season and he said he is hopeful he will be and there are some promising first years coming through. He said Maher and Sawyers had a chance to make it and the next 6-12 months will be interesting for them.

5 Likes

Talking of their manager Paul Simpson, have i imagined this or did he get the sack the first time from them after a 1- 1 draw with us in the first game of the season about 15 years ago?

That’s some memory if your correct. I can’t remember what happened 15 days ago let alone 15 years.

2 Likes

I predicted we would gain nine points from our last three games, how wrong can one be?
If things go horribly wrong, we can still go down if we don’t start picking up some points, a win tomorrow would ensure our survival in this awful league.
Rodney’s head could be on the chopping block if he doesn’t start scoring goals, he hasn’t impressed so far.

Dont care much about line up to be honest, all i hope for is osadabe is dropped completely from the team. Chance for a few youngster’s to get game time.

I think you’ve imagined it. :grinning: Simpson jumped ship after leading them to successive promotions.

However…Neil McDonald was sacked by Carlisle after a 1-1 draw in the first game of the 07-08 season, which explains the mix-up, I suppose.

1 Like

Sounds like Kinsella isn’t as bad as first thought always nice to hear.

In Perrys last full game versus Tranmere he was probably our best midfielder on the day .,

Me +2 will be there tomorrow in the middle tier. Not been able To get to many this season… don’t think I’ve missed too much tho…

2 Likes

That’s an understatement